Negative: SmokeShow (Sellers & Buyers Beware)

Have you recently been in a transaction with someone on this UBB? (Buy/Sell/Trade forum, or maybe a Group Buy) Would you like to give them positive or negative feedback on how the transaction went? Post here to help make transactions on the MX-3.com UBB smooth ones.
Slammed6

Negative: SmokeShow (Sellers & Buyers Beware)

Post by Slammed6 »

This guy will probably never use this screen name again or just make another one and if he wants to try and defend himself i hope he does. Cause he is entirely in the wrong.

One of SmokeShow's friends hit me up on AIM and MX3.com (Don't remember his user name) and said his friend was looking for a OBDI wire harness and KL-36 ECU. So i had my setup from my part out and i sold it to him. He paid me a price that i said shipped in the Continental US to hold the parts as i got a shipping quote to Canada for him. Shipping was gonna be a rediculous price i don't recall the quote i got from the shipping center i went to, but well over $100.

He then said he had a UPS account number that i can use and the shipping charges will be billed to him, cause he was in need of the setup for his MX-3. So i used the account # he gave and sent out the parts, everyone was happy and he got his parts in no time at all.

Well now a month or so later i get a bill from UPS for $180. I look at the name and it was for the shipment of the KLZE ECU, Wire harness. I PM'd Smokeshow and he responded and asked for a copy of the bill cause he "knows" someone in the accounts receivable department at UPS. Well some time goes by and i get no response. So i sent a PM simply stating "Bottom line shipping charges were to be paid by you, can you just send me the money to pay them or even a partial amount" and of course i get no response. I'll let the PM back and forth show you guys what was said.

Sent at: March 31 2008
Slammed6
Hi, I just received a bill for the shipping of your wire harness.

Please let me know why i am being billed for something that was suppose to be your expense? Its not like its a small amount either, the total of the bill is $180.67.

Get back to me ASAP.
-Devin

Sent at: April 02 2008
SmokeShow
I"m not sure why they would send you a bill or why it would even be that high. you should scan it and email it to me. ill find out whats going on.

Sent at: April 06 2008
Slammed6
whats your email?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

-Devin

Sent at: April 06 2008
SmokeShow
nooky18@hotmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i know someone that works in accounts payable. she runs into stuff like this all the time. she might be able to help.

Sent at: April 07 2008
Slammed6
Email sent. Thanks

-Devin

SmokeShow
i think i deleated it could you send it again please. sry

mike

Slammed6
Sent again

Sent at: April 08 2008
SmokeShow
lol ok i got it ill see what i can find out

Sent at: April 12 2008
Slammed6
Well the bottom line is are you gonna pay for the shipping costs like you were suppose to? or even part of it now?

-Devin

Sent at: April 16 2008
Slammed6
Well i saw you read my last message and i got no response, i'm not suprised. That speaks tons about you, and your personality. Well just let it be known i will be making a Negative feedback for you in the feedback forum. Considering you knew fully what to do to stick me with the shipping costs. Thats just sad.

-Devin

SmokeShow
yeah sorry i didnt msg you asap i am trying to figure out what fucked up because the account it was put on is a paid account so they shouldn't be able to send you a bill. and as far as im concerned you can go right the f--- ahead and post all the negative feedback you want and ill stop trying to save you money. so next time you decide to shot off about the type of person someone is get your s--- straight. and just because i am the type of person i am, i am going to continue to try and figure out what happened. But the msg you sent speaks volumes about the type of person you are.

Slammed6
Well then how about you repond to my message. You just send me the money to pay it...problem solved. Yes or no?

Sent at: April 17 2008
SmokeShow
sorry man but i gave you an account # to use so there would not be any shipping charge. you didn't use the account# i sent you so I will not be able to reimburse you for the shipping cost.

Sent at: April 17 2008
Slammed6
Listen the account # you gave me was on there and i used it but since you did not pay for the shipping charges it gets thrown back on me. Which is absolute bulls---. Which i believe you knew this would happen as long as you don't answer them. So now you know you never paid the shipping charges and i am getting charged for them and you still decline to pay them or even a partial amount cause you got all the parts? Thats real good. Your pathetic.

SO EVERYONE WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY. DON'T FALL FOR THE UPS ACCOUNT # TRICK. UPS said personally that if a account # is used they will try to collect from the account holder for 7 days. If no response or payment is received Then it immediately falls back on the sender to pay all shipping charges. I never knew that, but i am sure SMOKESHOW did, it actually fits his username. Well bottom line is i got screwed for $180.

Please i wanna hear everyones feedback and opinons on this. This is why i do not like to ship to Canada.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Negative: SmokeShow (Sellers & Buyers Beware)

Post by umcamara »

If this guy did screw you over, don't take him as a representation of Canadians. We're decent people too, just like you guys. Of course there's some retards clowning around everywhere.

It's funny... since you mentioned his username at the end of your post, it makes perfect sense. "Smoke-show"... it's as if his sub-conscious was trying to warn you before-hand.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

By no means am i saying Candians are like this. I apologize if thats what u got from that. I just mean everytime i ship to Canada i end up getting kinda screwed on shipping charges, and loop holes like this between international borders.

Yeah, i also noticed his screen name was created a short time before he purchase the parts from me. And he has only posted 2 times ever on this board. I noticed that after all this drama.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

that really sucks man... you should have just sent it COD... sorry to hear you got burned! what happens if you don't pay it? I mean... is there a way to get around it since you can prove it isn't your fault?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

UPS will send it to a collection agent. Somebody will be on the hook for it for sure. As the individul who ordered the delivery it will probably be the sender. They will not likely accept email and PM as proof of anything.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

just wanted to inform some others on that this could happen, so be cautious.

I always send everything money up front...i was just trying to help him cause he needed the stuff to get his car running. So once again i get screwed trying to help someone out.

Also i was thinking if i did not pay the bill...how could they send it to collections if they don't have my social security #, i thought they needed more than a name to throw something on my credit report. Please someone fill me in if i am mistaken.

Return to “Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum”