How do I remove the rear Engine Mount?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
*Y*

How do I remove the rear Engine Mount?

Post by *Y* »

Hey guys,

I decided to take out my mounts today to fill them. The front one came out no problem. However, I have no clue how to take out the rear one. The control arm is blocking the way for me to take out the bolt that attaches the mount to the bracket. How am I supposed to get it out of there?

Thanks.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Re: How do I remove the rear Engine Mount?

Post by 2fazed »

I think theres two ways to do this. 1. take the right side tranny mount off, with a jack supporting the tranny. Slowly jack it down, and it should lower it enough for the bolt to come out. 2. If you can't do that, you can get your stock jack, and slide it between the control arm and tranny. Slowly jack it out, so the tranny will move forward, and may give enough room.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

Get the complete engine support member out.
'94 Mx-3 GS-R SE, KL-ZE Interprep. (From '96 PGT KL)
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

JM1EC-V6 wrote:Get the complete engine support member out.
He already has that off. The control arm is so close to the rear mount, the top bolt hits it, when pulling it out.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

when I put in my AWR mounts I had this same dilemna. I used a titanium bit that acts as an up and down saw and I cut the bolt... I bought a replacement at Lowe's lol

I didn't feel like taking all the mounts out and I did not have any type of engine lift...
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I did the exact same thing as mooneggs, except I bought my bolt from rural king. Alot easier to just cut the bolt then move the entire motor around. If engineers were smart they would have designed that bolt to go in the other way.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

haha my motor mount bolt was stripped so i couldn't remove the mount with the engine like your suppose to. Everyone in my family was puzzled trying to help me take that bolt out haha, finally wiggled it out of there. Actually i don't even know how we got it out of there or in there.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
*Y*

Post by *Y* »

Well, we were supposed to get some snow (which we did) so I decide to just put the front filled mount in for now so I can drive the car. I think I might take the whole bracket that holds the mount off, I think it will be a lot easier. We will see how that goes after the snow melts outside. :D I will keep you guys updated.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”