how much boost do you think i can run

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
m4zd4-mx3

how much boost do you think i can run

Post by m4zd4-mx3 »

in a 93 b6-me on stock internals?

of course yeah it in a 1.6L SOHC mx-3

and what all i mihgt possibly need or does anyone know a site that has a kit for it
JWMotorsports

Re: how much boost do you think i can run

Post by JWMotorsports »

The B-series DOHC engines can reliably hold around 300HP with excellent tuning. Boost pressure isn't all that it is cracked up to be. Replace your headstuds with ARP Miata head studs and a Fel-Pro MLS head gasket and it will hold more boost than you can dish out until you reach the 400HP mark then it will snap the small B6 rods after about 10,000 miles of abuse. This is only with proper tuning and enough fuel to support the power! Detination WILL break ANY engine no matter how big you build it! That is a fact :wink:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
m4zd4-mx3

Post by m4zd4-mx3 »

so ur saying i shouldnt take the chance of running the boost to the 1.6 SOHC ?

i got a turbo that i was gunna run on my grand am im only thinking like 4 or 5 psi
se7en

Post by se7en »

4-5 psi on a b6 shouldn't be a problem at all.

after about 7psi or so, you will need a standalone if you want the motor to live(MSnS or something of that sort)

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
m4zd4-mx3

Post by m4zd4-mx3 »

i unno im just trying to give the car some more power for cheap cause i have access to alot of what i need as far as fabricatng everything so u think about 4-5 psi will beok on stock internals
se7en

Post by se7en »

yes, no prob at all.

7 psi would be okay too if you at least have a fmu and bigger injectors, and a bigger fuel pump.

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
My Feedback
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

se7en wrote:yes, no prob at all.

7 psi would be okay too if you at least have a fmu and bigger injectors, and a bigger fuel pump.

NO POS FMU

I'll tell u what a SOHC can really do give me about another 6-8 months
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
se7en

Post by se7en »

I agree with you limey, but the fact of the matter is...everyone tries it once, because it is way cheap and easier to install. I am finally going to the msns next month, but the fmu has treated me pretty well so far.

I know it isn't right, but it is a faster way to get more turbo cars out on the road! :)
My Feedback
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

se7en wrote:I agree with you limey, but the fact of the matter is...everyone tries it once, because it is way cheap and easier to install. I am finally going to the msns next month, but the fmu has treated me pretty well so far.

I know it isn't right, but it is a faster way to get more turbo cars out on the road! :)

gald u agree MSNS humm about time ur stepping it up..

better than a FMU, I never tried a FMU (hey im a average joe too)

u do have a point on more turbo mx-3's on the road.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
se7en

Post by se7en »

ya, I can't wait to get a standalone. It will be so nice to be able to adjust everything.

It is annoying not having control over the a/f ratios. When I am tuning carb motors, it is easy to adjust a/f. you just have to change jets and metering valves. With fuel injection, standalone I think is almost mandatory. It is the only proper way to tune. I can hardly wait.

btw: ya, I am always a firm believer in getting people out on the road!! It brings others into the hobby, and makes parts cheaper in the long run.

7psi is super fun, but I can't wait to get msns so I can turn it up to 12-15.

7(kinda ironic that I choose the name 7 when I am running 7psi)
My Feedback
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

im at 18 psi and raising it up to 25psi
10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

You guys bether post some vids. Hopefully i'll be boosted by next summer, I've bin saying that for a the past 2 sumers lol it's coming along :D
B6 1.6L DOHC, CAI, custom intake mani. with internal velocity stacks, 65mm thottle body, probe 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" high flow exhaust, Centerforce dual friction, MS2, MSD 6A, Tokico struts, EIBACH springs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Forced Induction”