WHICH CYL ON THE ENGINE IS #1 THRU #6 ON KL-ZE?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dubspeed

WHICH CYL ON THE ENGINE IS #1 THRU #6 ON KL-ZE?

Post by dubspeed »

CURIOUS WHAT THE 1ST CYL. IS ON THE KL-ZE? THE DIST. IS MARKED 1 THRU 6, BUT WONDERING IF I MAY HAVE THE PLUG GOIN TO THE PROPER CYL AND THIS MIGHT BE THE REASON FOR THE CHOPPY FEEL UNDER LOAD, BUT IDLES GREAT? ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED :)
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: WHICH CYL ON THE ENGINE IS #1 THRU #6 ON KL-ZE?

Post by Custommx3 »

I believe #1 is closest to the passenger side in the back, looking under the hood.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

with the hood open, and staring at the engine:

upper left, 1
lower left, 2
middle left, 3
lower left, 4
upper right, 5
lower right, 6

But if your firing order is mismatched, I do believe it's going to be more than just a small hesitation. It'll change completely how the whole engine sounds. It'll sound mean and rough.

You might want to inspect the plugs and test the spark to determine if it's ignition-related. It can be a dirty injector or such.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
dubspeed

Post by dubspeed »

IS THERE A DIAGRAM IN THE ONLINE MANUALS?
ON THE OTHER POST ASKING WHAT THE FIRING ORDER WAS, I WAS TOLD UPPER L #1 LOWER LEFT #2 ETC, BUT IN A MANUAL FOR THE NORTH AMERICAN 2.5L, THE ORDER WAS WAY DIFFERENT? DOES THE FIRING ORDER ON THE ENGINE I AM TERRIBLE I GUESS AT GETTING TO THE EXACT POINT WITHOUT MENTIONING THE SITUATION, WHICH CAN CONFUSE...SORRY...
WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS IF IM SITTING IN THE CAR IN THE DRIVERS SEAT, WHERE WOULD THE #1 SPARK PLUG WIRE GOTO FROM THE DIST? OR IF IM STANDING AT THE FRONT OF THE CAR, AND AM LOOKING AT THE ENGINE, WHERE WOULD THE #1 CYLINDER BE? AND IN WHICH ORDER SHOULD I HOOK UP THE REST OF THE WIRES? ANY DIAGRAM AND OR REPLY WOULD HELP ME SO MUCH...BELOW IS A DRAWING OF A FEW WAYS THE FIRING ORDER COULD BE...THE CAR IS DRAWN SO IT IS EASIER FOR ME AND HARDER FOR ME TO MAKE A MISTAKE...ANY HELP WITH THE PROPER WAY THE CYLINDERS ON THE KL-ZE FIRES WITH RESPECT TO THE DIAGRAM BELOW IS APPRECIATED...HOPEFULLY I MENTIONED EVERYTHING THATS NEEDED...TY AGAIN

By dubspeed, shot with Canon PowerShot S3 IS at 2008-01-14
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Amazing what you can find in the FAQ section.. and yes.. the firing order for the ZE is the same as the DE & K8.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=62510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
dubspeed

Post by dubspeed »

AWESOME PICS IN THAT LINK...THAT TOTALLY CLEARED UP THAT...
WOULD THE CAR RUN IF IT WAS HOOKED UP LIKE IN THE OTHER DIAGRAM THAT YOU SAY IS WRONG? WOULD THAT MAKE THE REAR BANK SLOPPY UNDER LOAD? HOPEFULLY ITLL BE BETTER RUNNING THIS WAY, IF ITS DIFFERENT THAN I HAVE IT NOW THAT IS...TY AGAIN
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

stop using caps lock
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”