KL-ZE Cyl #4 not firing. Now blowing Raw fuel!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
SuperK
Supporting Member

KL-ZE Cyl #4 not firing. Now blowing Raw fuel!

Post by SuperK »

And all the other cylinders are firing just fine.
I pulled the plugs after it started machine gunning on me, and #4 was completely drenched in fuel.
I have a set of injectors that were JUST clean that I'm installing today

Also have the MSD Blaster 2 external coil and HEI mod. new modded cap, no cracks...

Is there any other reason I'm not seeing here as to why a single cylinder won't fire?
Last edited by SuperK on January 9th, 2008, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Re: KL-ZE Cyl #4 not firing.

Post by Tunes67 »

Other than swapping out the injector.. I would also get a compression reading on that cylinder (before & after you swap the injector). That much fuel can really only be an injector issue. However.. a compression check will reveal if the injector issue caused other damage in the cylinder. Might check the wiring harness to the injector as well and make sure its not shorting out or something.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I also think its an injector issue. Had the same issue.

Do the spart test, get a screw driver, sticvk it to thehole and ground it. Put your hand on it and if it shocks you it works. JUST KIDDING.

get a screw driver, stick it in there ground it but do NOT touch the metal parts with your hands hehe.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

OK, I've grabbed the end of the superconductor wire coming out of my Blaster 2 and yanked it out of the disty cap more than once with my bare hands. (makes you sing, "Ow! I feel good!)

I think grabbing the end of the wire is a good way of testing spark, hgallegos. ;)

But now I'm in super desperate need... I swapped all my injectors out with a set i had cleaned by a shop...

Now I'm the super fuel smoke blower... 10 miles = half gallon in gas. I'm now out of gas and out of ideas...
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
se7en

Re: KL-ZE Cyl #4 not firing. Now blowing Raw fuel!

Post by se7en »

check your codes......mine had that same problem, and my vaf was gone.....it didn't seem like it would fix it, but it did.

I was misfiring on two cylinders though, but otherwise same prob....very rich, bad gas mileage, etc.

also, check the other plugs, and see if they are fuel drenched also.

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: KL-ZE Cyl #4 not firing. Now blowing Raw fuel!

Post by SuperK »

Hmmm.... you all don't seem to understand this dilemma.

I think it's dead, jim...
I have an FPR being overnighted... but I think it might be hydrolocked right now, so yeah... I think it's dead, jim...
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”