Rate for rally or Ice racing

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Ice Racing

Rate for rally or Ice racing

Post by Ice Racing »

Looking for advice on spring rate, I use the ZE to do ice racing. I found a shop willing to do the coil over for us, however, I don't know what I want!!! I know that front end as too be soft and back-end tighter but i have no clue about the figures (rate, bound, rebound, ID, mm, H, ...)

Feel free to comment, Thanks
GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Re: Rate for rally or Ice racing

Post by mr1in6billion »

You're the only person I know who Ice races, so yoda would probably be the only one with some random insight.

But whatever you choose remember to take pictures, last years pics were amazing :love:
Ice Racing

Post by Ice Racing »

I sure will try to up date my post about that with pic. And yes I know, nobody else is running an MX for rally or other specific application. I have heard and seen one pic of a car in N-Zeland or Australia and i talked to a guy who planned of doing one for rally, but never had anynews of it. :crying: :crying: :crying:

Nevertheless, What would be known numbers for a good Solo setting and i will try to adapt... :wink:
GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

HotBits do a lot of rally suspensions, and they've done an MX-3, you could ask them.

I remember Yoda's setup is 300 lb springs front and 500 lb for the back, but I don't believe he does any rally. Just autoX.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”