Front and rear tower strut bars

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Mx3Baker

Front and rear tower strut bars

Post by Mx3Baker »

I have been wanting to get a set but i dont know which ones i should get i seen some on ebay pretty cheap for both front and rear i also seen some on corksport but they are alot more pricy, i didnt know if anyone has gotten the ones off ebay and if they are good or not or if the ones off corksport are better?
93 Mx-3 GS
5 SPD Conversion

Worklog at
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=54796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

I ordered the front one from Corksport just because I like the peice of mind and the fact that it looks a lot stiffer. It is actually a significant peice of metal compared to the tiny ones off ebay. You probably wouldn't notice the difference between the two though.

I should also point out that most the ebay auctions LOOK inexpensive, but you get hosed on shipping.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

I've got the two off ebay. I've compared them to some civic ones, like Bomz, and others. There the same aluminum to me. I bet the Corksport ones are made from the same materials, just have different colors. I don't think there would be a real difference between them, than the price.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
mx3autozam

Re: Front and rear tower strut bars

Post by mx3autozam »

I have a Vibrant one on the front. I think its decent and it clears my curve neck manifold nicely. My rear I have Ractive and I think its junk. It looks nice and thats all but its pretty flimsy. I recomend the Corksport bars. and there Type II rear bar is massive.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I had a ractive one for the front at one point.. It was ok. Corksport bars are a better design and are stiffer.
SSR Mx-3

Post by SSR Mx-3 »

Corksport is the way to go. Both tower bars have more engineering and a better design than the ebay ones. I was able to tell a huge difference in body roll reduction and overall stiffness of the chassis. Corksport is a bit more pricey but you get what you pay for.
SSR Mx-3: Custom CAI, custom 2.25 Magnaflow Exhaust (high-flow cat, resonator, & muffler), Genie 4-1 Header, Tokico Blue Struts, H&R Lowering Springs, Corksport front and rear Strut Bars, SSR Competition Wheels (11 lbs), Corksport Short-Shifter, KVR Slotted Front Rotors w/ KVR Carbon FIber Break Pads.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 RS

"God cannot give us happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing."- C.S. Lewis
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I ordered mine off of ebay like when I got my mx-3, 6+ years ago. Rear one you will have to cut out a bit of plastic trim to fit it in the trunk.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
SSR Mx-3

Post by SSR Mx-3 »

With any rear strut bar, you have to cut the trim out. Along with that trim you have to cut into the metal seatbelt brackets for the strut bar to even fit. Nothing a dremel can't fix.
SSR Mx-3: Custom CAI, custom 2.25 Magnaflow Exhaust (high-flow cat, resonator, & muffler), Genie 4-1 Header, Tokico Blue Struts, H&R Lowering Springs, Corksport front and rear Strut Bars, SSR Competition Wheels (11 lbs), Corksport Short-Shifter, KVR Slotted Front Rotors w/ KVR Carbon FIber Break Pads.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 RS

"God cannot give us happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing."- C.S. Lewis
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

If you're going to the track every weekend and planning to generate huge centrifical forces in the twisties then sure, maybe pay the substantial extra $$ for beefy Corksport bars. Otherwise, the Toucan/Ractive (I.E. ebay) ones do an xlnt job imho. I have 4 cars, '90 MX-6, '96 626, '95 MX-3 and '95 Yota Camry. Got ebay ones on all of em fr & rr and they work effin great. All street driving.
Image -Jim
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I have a matched set of corksport old school style strut bars in my GS. I paid a total of $70 for both. But then I was patient and watched for them to come up for sale in the FS forum ;) Just saying that a little patience can get the best of both worlds.. decent price and higher quality ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”