Random

Off-Topic Discussions
murdamellz

Random

Post by murdamellz »

do 1995 and up mitsubishi eclipses suck? I was thinking about getting a 95 gs, for 1200 but I heard that eclipses are problematic. I know this is mx-3.com , just a random a$$ question. :?:
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Yes... They suck air into the engine, inject fuel and burn it, which through a series of mechanical miracles causes the cars to move.
Cody
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

They are ok I guess. They're just mad slow. I guess its a good beater.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
murdamellz

Post by murdamellz »

:evil: lol
murdamellz

Post by murdamellz »

The guy thats sellin it spent like 2000 dollars in fixing it, replaced transmission, spark plugs, all the axles, the engine was replaced at 140,000, and he dropped his price on craigslist from 2500 to 1400 in 2 months. :shock: It made me a little worried but I've always like the body design, but I was on that website http://www.deadeclipse.com which is a site dedicated to the problems the car has and so on. Yea i just wanted a beater, but I wouldn't want to spend money into repairing it if it started screwin up after a few months.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

for 1200 why not. nice beater. I got a 3rd gen eclipse and it has not given mne one problem. Im at 130k miles.
Last edited by hgallegos915 on December 21st, 2007, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

well everything sucks to a point. Every car has its bad points and mx-3 is no exception. For 1200 that car sounds like a deal. At least in my area of WA state. Personally Id love to get a GSX
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

has NOTHING to do with v6 tech.. moved
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

lol do some research on google and consumer reports....
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

My Girlfriend (at the time) REALLY wanted a new eclipse. I think it was '01, but I never really liked Mitsu's, so I tried to talk her out of it. She regretted buying it ever since. I know several people with them, and they all have many problems. When my Thermostat went out, and I got towed, we went past an Eclipse broken down, and the towtruck driver laughed and said that the Eclipse is by far the most commonly towed vehicle. Look especially for overheating and electrical problems. I think they look great, but they are bigger on the outside than an MX3, and SMALLER on the inside, and the turn radius sucks unbelievably. You may know that the parts that keep the mx3 from being reliable as a Toyota, are Mitsubishi parts.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

wow.. you guys have bad luck haha my eclipse has 130k and no problems at all. lol compression tests the engine as new.. and well. its just stupid people that cant maintain their cars. its been more reliable than my mx3 and well my mx3 is a 92 and eclipse is an 01.

My eclipse is aito, has a cai, performance hard motor mountsd and it all came like that. i love it but .. i LOVE my turbo mx3! I choose you mx3!(wow how corny)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

tehbrookzorz wrote:Yes... They suck air into the engine, inject fuel and burn it, which through a series of mechanical miracles causes the cars to move.
post of the year..LMFAO
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I dont like mitsushitsi.. I didnt like them before I bought my MX-3 and after the number of poorly engineered parts on the MX-3 made by them.. I dont like them any more now either. In fact.. when at my local mazda dealer helping my bro get his Mazda 3.. I asked 3 questions off the bat.. Interference Engine? Timing Belt or chain? Mitsushitsi parts? ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “Off-Topic”