What is this wire for?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MgXs3

What is this wire for?

Post by MgXs3 »

IM not sure where to put this but, i jacked my car up the other day and i noticed this wire that is taped to the crossmember. I cant figure out where it is coming from. I thought it could be a ground but it has electrical tape around it so i dont think its touching so if some one could help me that would be great

Thanks again

Travis

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj85 ... CT0359.jpg
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj85 ... CT0357.jpg
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj85 ... CT0364.jpg
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

Looks like the wires going to the reverse selinoid. the conector should be on the front side of the tranny. See if it's disconnected. also make sure your reverse lights are working too.
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Depends.. leading to the front of the car/tranny or the rear? Front would be the reverse lights switch.. rear would be the neutral safety switch.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Its not the neutra safety switch that i can tell you. because my car does not have that sensor. Its for the reverse lights i think.

The neutral switch is located at the clutch and its a white box lookng thing with a little stick sticking out.

Altough the transmission also has a sensor at the front, which i also dont have connected. (because of the fire)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

Yeah idk cuz my reverse lights work. I followed it up to the engine bay and it connects to a wire loom of other wire then goes into the firewall. Theres is another connecter on the right side of the trans but it is plugged in. Ill check and see if i can find where there is a unconected plug.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

that is difficult to tell from the pics... is it possible it is for your rear 02 sensor? for some reason my wires hang low for that... :roll:
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

ill try to take some better pics. I used my dads camera cuz my was dead and i guess there is a bettter detail setting for close up pics lol
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Looks like only 2 green wires.. O2 sensors have 4 wires last I counted.. and the colors were 2 whites, black & blue. With 2 green wires.. your likely to be as I stated above.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

hgallegos915 wrote:The neutral switch is located at the clutch and its a white box lookng thing with a little stick sticking out.
the switch you are refering to Hector is the the clutch switch. Its totally different.

This one in the pics he posted is the neutral safety switch. Its nota big issue with it unplugged unless you have a remote starter. You can probably get one from a junkyard cheap. Justw atch if you get one from a Probe or MX6 the plug on the end will be a female instead of a male.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

really? oh.. i dont have mine connected.. is that bad? my car starts normal as always. you press the clutch and it starts, you dont and it wont... so my car things its always on a gear?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

i have to go to the junkyard to get a headlight asembly so ill check if the same car has a neutral safety switch and i might pluck it off. Thanks guys for your help
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

but what does it do? mines not connected and its driving fine..
-hec

mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

hgallegos915 wrote:but what does it do? mines not connected and its driving fine..
if your car is a 5spd there is not really a reason for it. Just mostly so the ecu knows weather the car is in gear or not....If you decide to install a remote starter then you need it
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”