New carpet for interior...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
czwan

New carpet for interior...

Post by czwan »

So I imagine some of you all have replaced the floor carpet. Is it a total pain in the a-- to do this? Thought I'd see what some of you thought, because it seems like it might be one of those things that "looks easy" until you get right in the middle of it...

I thought, if it's not that hard, it might be worth getting some cheap black carpet from Wal-Mart and just going for it. Or....it might not be worth it.

The back seat area carpet is fine. Front drivers part looks like crap. Any way to just do the front half of the car, and make some kind of a "seam" where it wouldn't be noticeable?

Thanks.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I have 94 GS black carpet in my 92 GS that had brown carpet. Basically I gutted the inside and installed it. The OEM carpet is somewhat formed around the back seat and such so it is not just a flat sheet since there are alot of curves, etc.

If it were me I would try and source some decent carpet at a junkyard... I'm not sure how much something like that would cost. But I'm not sure about just carpet from walmart or whatever... I am not sure how that would turn out :?
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

http://www.autocarpetonline.com/MAZDA_M ... 14629.html

dont have any experience myself, but this looks OK...there are a few other companies that offer preformed carpets, so you could look for a better price.
racefear

Post by racefear »

You can change it for diamond plate to...

_ ______________________________ _
MX-3 2.5 KL-ZE, kl-36 ECU, Millenia Intake, Outlaw Phenolic Spacer, Custom CAI, Catco 2 1/2 Hi-Flow Cat, Dual Megan Muffler, Mx3 Flywheel, Rear Strut Bar, Unorthodox UDP, Pacesetter Short Shifter, Cross Drilled Front Disk, Tokiko Blue Shock, H&R Coil, 17 inch white Motegie MR7 with Toyo Tire, Blue Metalic and Full Body Kit.......etc.....
14.61@97 MPH
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

racefear wrote:You can change it for diamond plate to...

where u get that from
93 mx-3 w/ Curved Neck klze
racefear

Post by racefear »

I made a group buy in 2003 of a limited 12 carpet kit, I took measurements and my wife made the laser cut at his compagny...

I don't think I will make another group buy. (Shipping to USA $$$)

Maybe you should find carpet like this in a perfomance shop.
_ ______________________________ _
MX-3 2.5 KL-ZE, kl-36 ECU, Millenia Intake, Outlaw Phenolic Spacer, Custom CAI, Catco 2 1/2 Hi-Flow Cat, Dual Megan Muffler, Mx3 Flywheel, Rear Strut Bar, Unorthodox UDP, Pacesetter Short Shifter, Cross Drilled Front Disk, Tokiko Blue Shock, H&R Coil, 17 inch white Motegie MR7 with Toyo Tire, Blue Metalic and Full Body Kit.......etc.....
14.61@97 MPH
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Phone any local steel shop and they should have aluminum checker plate. Buy a sheet and cut it out with a grinder of some sort. I work at a steel shop (no cnc laser/water jet...sucks) and I'll be doing this at somepoint.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Highbody

Re: New carpet for interior...

Post by Highbody »

where are you located? because there are about 2-3 mx-3's in a junkyard around here... one mx-3 just got towed into the yard and it looks awesome... its cloth interior but the carpet is obv the same... if you are close to RI ill give you directions

Return to “Appearance”