Car died and its 30º outside

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Car died and its 30º outside

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Ive been having problems with my car hesitating when I press the gas after about 4000rpm. It starts shuttering and doesnt have any pickup almost like it isnt getting gas or something. So I figured ok its the disty about to die. So I went and picked up all the parts I need to get and on my way back home the car dies in the middle of a main road. So I start it back up and its driving really really rough and making a horrible exhaust tone even at idle. So I park it in a lot to install the new control module and when Im done the car still doesnt start up at all. So now I'm lost.

I did the control module but I didnt get to install the Blaster 2 coil or power tower. Anyone think maybe the internal coil on the disty died??

I've been hearing that the VAF could be bad but I dont got another one to replace it with to check if thats the problem. And I have MS but I never hooked up a MAP sensor or IAT for it yet. I was going to do it eventually but havent gotten around to it yet. Anyone think this could be it? Or...

Maybe its the fuel pump?? It seemed like it was starving past 4000rpm but I dont know.

The car has spark I'm pretty sure because it tries to start up but just never gets all the way there. Any other suggestions leave here also. Also these problems have been occuring since before MS so its not a tuning problem. I'll try suggestions tomorrow because its so cold and its dark so I cant even see anything too good.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Do the complete HEI conversion.. my bet is that the coil is toast. There are instructions in the shop manual for how to test the coil. But I bet if you put in a blaster II or a Mallory Promaster coil.. you'll be amazed at how much better it runs.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I hope its just the coil because I have a Blaster 2 coil already, I just gotta wire it in. Ill do that and let you know what happens, any other suggestions please leave them. Thanks.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”