Civic Projector Question

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
JeremyP

Civic Projector Question

Post by JeremyP »

..ok..so just bought some civic projectors and some hid's off ebay and realized something i should of asked before...the civic projectors with the duel halo ring will work fine for the conversion right...they arrent any different on the back?

thanks..pics sure to come when shes all painted and finished.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

oh cool you will be the first to try the HID in civic projectors. I've been wanting to try it for some time...

I was worried they would melt the housings.... but I couldn't find any concrete evidence...
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Are these the ones your talking about? I did these on my first car. it was a pain in the a-- and I didnt get finished before I had to park the car but as you can see I got them 90% done and in so if were talking the same lights its possible.

Steve-O
93' MX-3 GS SE ZE - Sold to Acheron1502! SOLD!!!

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
^^^^^ Click on image for my work log ^^^^^
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Mooneggs wrote:
I was worried they would melt the housings.... but I couldn't find any concrete evidence...
Don't HIDs burn cooler?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Whisper wrote: Don't HIDs burn cooler?
I think that they do burn cooler, but the label on the civic projectors warned of melting the housings if HID's were used :? still worried lol
kenken

Post by kenken »

may i know :
- civic uses H4 bulbs too?
- need to rewire the lamp sockets?
thanks.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”