a v6 alternator in my 1.6?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

limez...no need to be an a-- to me. im trying to get this under control, so please dont get this thing closed on me. go away if you dont wanna help with advice (purpose of this website)
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

aT least ur trying

better than some of these guys here
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

V6 alternator swap was one of the easiest swaps i did -

The RS alternator attaches this way-

The GS alt goes in this way-

Both pics are GS alts - but you get the idea..... The GS alt has a slight bump where the bolt goes in and so you would need a longer bolt. I just took the alt to ace hardware and found a bolt that was the right pitch and right length - it has to go through the first hole and thread onto the second hole.

Also when you are tightening the belt you have to loosen up both bolts (top and bottom) - otherwise you are just straining the bracket and not tightening the belt - its kinda common sense .....

Also, its hard to put a new belt in compared to taking the old belt out (the old belt would be stretched out) - but in 2 or 3 days the new belt gets worked in and stretched up and it will squeal again - you will have to retighten it.

:roll:
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

i used my old belt since its still in perfect shape.
bawolvesfan

Post by bawolvesfan »

so can the alt from a klde probe engine be used the same as the gs alt?
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

probably.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

bawolvesfan wrote:so can the alt from a klde probe engine be used the same as the gs alt?
that will work too im using one from a V6 MX-6 KLDE, mx-6 probe same engine.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

IMO honestly i didnt feel a difference using my v6 alternator, i still have the same power hesitation when loads are applied. not as often now, but still just as strong of a surge.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”