srd engine mount member bushings

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
1992blazeredgs

srd engine mount member bushings

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Santa Clause will be bringing me new awr front and rear motor mounts, along with some bronzoil shifter bushings. I tried searching and cant seem to find any information on the srd engine mount member bushings. Can anybody say if they make much difference over stock bushings? Direct quote from corksport "Put more power to the wheels instead of wasting it into crushing your OEM bushings. Reduce wheel hop on hard launches." With new motor mounts, will old bushings really matter much?

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

It won't help as much as the awr mounts will but it will definitly add to it. And you pretty mcuh need to remove that crossmember to get to that rear mount. so why not change em.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

if you don't want to FEEL every vibration from the engine don't put the SRD engine member bushings in LOL

those bushings combined with the AWR front and rear mount + my exhaust make it SOOO much louder inside my car...

oh when you get the AWR mounts make sure you get the front one for the probe, better IMO - it's beefier!
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Mooneggs wrote:if you don't want to FEEL every vibration from the engine don't put the SRD engine member bushings in LOL

those bushings combined with the AWR front and rear mount + my exhaust make it SOOO much louder inside my car...

oh when you get the AWR mounts make sure you get the front one for the probe, better IMO - it's beefier!
i'm ordering the mount member bushings next week, and then the week after i'm going to get the AWR mounts. i'll probably get the Probe front mount. What needs to be done for it to fit, just the holes in the crossmember need to be drilled out bigger???that all??
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

mx3autozam wrote:i'll probably get the Probe front mount. What needs to be done for it to fit, just the holes in the crossmember need to be drilled out bigger???that all??

yep just drill out the holes a little bigger in the crossmember to make it fit - that's all!
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

hey, can you get those bushings on stock form?, i was thinking of getting the ones from corcksport, since i found out yestarday mines are shot.

i looked on the online manual and cant find a part number or any OFFICIAL name for those bushings. ima try to call mazda tomorrow. i'd go with OEM rubber if they are availeable
93 mx-3 w/ Curved Neck klze

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”