need help bad...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
delpy32

need help bad...

Post by delpy32 »

92 rs 5 speed... my cars makes the worst noise in the world... it sounds like im flying a helicopter when i drive it. ive replaced both front w/b all 4 front ball joints all new brakes on the front. 4 new tires. ive put about $500 into trying to get rid of this noise and i cant figure it out... its a wheel speed noise and gets worse when you put the breaks on.... someone old me that it mite be in the back and the body is carying the harmonics thru the front but its so dam loud i really think its in the front. thanks ahead of time
1992 mx-3, white, 1.6 sohc, 5 speed, custom: intake, interior and exhaust
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Jack up the car and spin the wheels by hand - maybe have a friend brake slightly while you do it......
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

Had the same problem before.. turns out it was the weights on 2 of my rims came off causing the rims to lose balance and you can hear it really loud from inside the car.

Or maybe your heat shield and or pads are rubbing on the rotor if you reused the clips for the pads?
delpy32

Post by delpy32 »

well about the whole brake thing... i have jacked it up and spun the wheels and the drivers side is so dam hard to spin but it will spin... then my bro got in and put it in first and let out the clutch and it didnt spin at all... another thing...about the brake clips my car never had them on and as mny times as i have changed the brakes i never got new ones in the box so i figured the mx3 didnt use them...
1992 mx-3, white, 1.6 sohc, 5 speed, custom: intake, interior and exhaust
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

If you can't spin your wheels... that should be bad sign

Check here to see if you can maybe pinpoint your problem.
Note everything that is on the caliper, the clips and such, and make sure you have all the same hardware installed on yours.[/url]
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
nate2k5

Re: need help bad...

Post by nate2k5 »

if you can't spin it freely then you have a problem, perhaps your caliper is partially siezed or one of the brake pad clips came loose

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”