What you think of this exhaust!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
93_4Banger

What you think of this exhaust!!!

Post by 93_4Banger »

Exhaust coming out of the side skirt like this!!!

all comments welcome!

Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

almost impossible to run it that way (not without a bunch of fab work). would be different though.
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

i think i could run it to the passenger side easier then the driver side.
10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

It would defenetly be easyer by the passenger side and never say impossible.
B6 1.6L DOHC, CAI, custom intake mani. with internal velocity stacks, 65mm thottle body, probe 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" high flow exhaust, Centerforce dual friction, MS2, MSD 6A, Tokico struts, EIBACH springs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fischerry

Post by fischerry »

it would not be that hard at all,buy the tip you want to use(slanted tip as to not ruin the skirt) and glass away make sure you leave at least a 1/4 in all the way around so it doesnt melt.shouldnt take you too long since the paint is primer.the passenger side would be a heck of alot easier but you could run dual (with a splitter or y pipe)one on each side.if i could find some reasonable skirt's locally i would do it too.
sencond place, is just the first loser."the man with two first names,Ricky Bobby."

my pictures: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q94/fischerry/
10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

One thing I would worry about is when ever the engine moves back and forth the exhaust moves too. you might have to get or make solid mounts to help the situation and maybe put a second flex pipe just befor the the last bend and some good hangers.
B6 1.6L DOHC, CAI, custom intake mani. with internal velocity stacks, 65mm thottle body, probe 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" high flow exhaust, Centerforce dual friction, MS2, MSD 6A, Tokico struts, EIBACH springs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

already got the tip and the muffler i wonder where i could mount the muffler but im pretty sure it will be easy to do and cost a lot less money than if i took it to a shop!
delpy32

Post by delpy32 »

i have mine like that only out the pass side. i did it as a quik fix one time cuz i didnt have enough pipe at the time to go out the back so i put it there and its never changed...lil angled tip on the nd to run with the body and it looks pretty good. got the idea from my dirt track car
1992 mx-3, white, 1.6 sohc, 5 speed, custom: intake, interior and exhaust
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I was thinking abou tthat a few years ago, I even did a chop of it. Something like the roush mustang.
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

ya that what im going to end up doing, and the side skirt is wider than the body it should be nice looking and different which is what im going for.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

thats how i ran my exhaust for ever, rite after my AWD swap. but i did it on the passenger side. its sweet except you will always have one wheel dirtyer than the rest. I think you should Y it off and put it threw both sides that would be sweet. then top it of with some flame throwers. :lol:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Josh wrote: I think you should Y it off and put it threw both sides that would be sweet. then top it of with some flame throwers. :lol:
x2 that would rock but make sure you keep the car primed :D
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

ive changed my mind i think and im just gunna run it normally, im doing this because im planning something top secret starting in spring. :D

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”