New here.

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
zombiechow

New here.

Post by zombiechow »

Hey there. I just bought a 1992 mx-3 with the 1.6L but not sure yet if it's the SOH or the DOH. It's in need of a bit of work in and ext. but the engine should last me long enough to get all that done and get it ready for an engine swap. I've been reading through archives and doing some searches. Here is what i know i need to do to it.

Interior

Replace carpet
Reupholster back seat
Replace front seats
Would like to replace gauge faces
Thought about rhino lining the trunk (too ghetto?)
Have to take it in for the recall for the auto seat belt lol
Fix some crackling sound when I turn the wheel. (Mechanic said it was a spring or something.)

Exterior

Fix the three dents (Minor)
Paint
Possible simple body kit
New 16" wheels

Later.

I would like to do an engine swap. I am assuming since mine is the 4cyl it is the RS model. I have read that a lot goes into swapping a 6cyl into the RS models. I am not sure if i would go with the KLZE or the KL-03. Any imput there? I know i would need to replace the transmission but I am not sure what else would go into it.

Are there anymore options? Any higher HP 4cyl?

Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone can point me in the direction of some nice comfortable seats that would great. I am assuming I will probably have to have most any seat professionally installed unless someone can tell me where to get a nice sporty seat that bolts directly on.

Thanks so much guys and I'm glad to be here and proud of my little mx3.
Can't wait to give it some TLC.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Welcome to the board.... and if you are going to be doing all this work I would sujest making a worklog on the forum.. you can post your updates and progress as you go...

as far as the motor swamp.. you can put the v6 in the rs but it will take some $ and lots of work.. it has been done a couple times... a quick search will find you many answers...I would swamp in a bpt 180hp.. You can find more info out in the 4cyl section off the fourm index...

to sum things up.. if you use the search function just below the heading of the site you will find many of your q's answered... I spend many hours looking through the old posts to find great info.. might take some time but its in there somewheres.. if not.. there are people who can answer almost anything..
zombiechow

Post by zombiechow »

hey thanks for the info. I will check out the bp.
zombiechow

Post by zombiechow »

Hey by the way I am from Texas. Any other members from here???
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Welcome to the board!
I bought my GS in Houston to commute to and from Austin. There are several Texans here. I moved, however to Portland, Oregon.
Good name.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

I just re-joined up here a few months back as well. Wlecome! As far as carpeting, I found a plcae where they make a stock fit and you get to choose the color. You can find this at:
http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/carp ... _95acc.htm

Good luck with your car, you're gonna have a lot of fun!
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
zombiechow

Post by zombiechow »

fowljesse

Thanks :) My wife and I are actually considering a move to the Portland area but in a couple of years. I am originally from Baytown there around Houston. Thanks for the comment.

Mazdaags94

Hey thanks for the link. I will definately check into it. I did find one other link on ebay that says it's custom molded. Check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93-94 ... dZViewItem

What do you think? It's about $40 cheaper.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

zombiechow wrote:fowljesse

Mazdaags94

Hey thanks for the link. I will definately check into it. I did find one other link on ebay that says it's custom molded. Check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93-94 ... dZViewItem

What do you think? It's about $40 cheaper.
It is cheaper, however, it says that it is only the passenger area carpet. The website that I posted is 40 more because it is the complete carpet set, which includes the front carpet, the passneger carpet, and even the cargo area carpet. However, if you don't want the trunk area carpeting, then it may be beneficial for you to just go with the eBay one. Good luck.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
zombiechow

Post by zombiechow »

ah...didn't notice that. Thanks!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”