foggy windows a nightmare

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Has anyone ever changed their heater core? I have a coolant smell int he car with the recirc and the heat on which suggests heater core leak. I got a solid core fromt eh junk yard but the car I took it from was totally stripped making it very easy. It looks like the dash would have to come out to remove the HVAC control section. I don't see how I can access the top bolts otherwise.

Any tips?
Yoda, save me...
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

When you use Damprid, the windows never fog, so you don't have to blow cold air, waiting for the heat. Just get in and drive. In case there's no Home Depot up there, you can get it at a hardware store.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

lowflyinmx3 wrote:my old mx was salvaged and the window wasn't put in correctly and it used to leak. it wasn't that bad until winter came and i had to scrape the INSIDE of my windows. It used to always make me laugh.
hahaha, I remember that as well. My sunroof leaked quite often and in the winter, being near Buffalo, NY is bad enough for winters, I wouto scrape the inside of my car as well. NOT a good thing either when you are in a hurry! My new Mx3, I'm not sure about... she hasnt been on the road yet.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
crammia

foggy windows a nightmare

Post by crammia »

same issue here! keep moving sliders around until something works... good idea with the moonroof - will try that!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”