96 problems

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
mx3stylez

96 problems

Post by mx3stylez »

i have been trying to get my car going for quite some time. my car has been off the road for almost two years building. you can see all that i have done to the cars engine at the bottom. i became very busy at work and have not been able to work on the car myself and had taken it to a local shop to put the turbo kit in, and wire up the magasquit i puchased on probetalk last year. prior to taking the car off the road, i believe i was being affected by the distributer loosing the igniter. the car would not start, and then after trying again and again, it would fire up. so i bought the parts for the hei mod with msd blaster 2 and a 6a. the shop got all of what i asked them to do done, and tried to start the car. no go. they even blew the top off the blaster coil from it getting so hot. i guess it hit the ceiling!!! we figured we might try to take the upgraded ignition out and i got a ze distibuter, now using a ze coil. the car still wont go. then i bought a '94 mx-3 distributer, and still nothing. now i have purchased a brand new dissy, and unhooked the magasquirt and got the same result. the boys at the shop are saying we are getting 5 volts from the computer to the dissy which is normal, but we have a 8v ( this is where i get confused) square reference signal telling the dissy to fire, fire, fire. as they explain it. they also say that on most cars that is only 2 volts, and this is what may have caused the coil to blow, and may have caused all the dissys to fry. they say it may be a bad ecu??? ANYONE with any help to this subject PLEASE help. I have no idea what to do next. am i supposed to have a 8 volt signal? could a bad ecu cause these problems. thanks in advance,
Travis
klze swap, wisco 8.5 comp pistons, pauter rods, act stage 3 clutch, lightened flywheel, UR racing pulley, flex-o-lite oil cooler, 2.5" custom exhaust with high flow cat, B&M short throw shifter, S&R cross drilled rotors, , B&G lowering springs, maxxim 17" gun metal rims, modded nissan injectors, walbro 255 lph fuel pump, areomotive afpr, msd 6a , magasquirt v3, and turboed
mx3stylez

Post by mx3stylez »

guess i will just try a new ecu...
klze swap, wisco 8.5 comp pistons, pauter rods, act stage 3 clutch, lightened flywheel, UR racing pulley, flex-o-lite oil cooler, 2.5" custom exhaust with high flow cat, B&M short throw shifter, S&R cross drilled rotors, , B&G lowering springs, maxxim 17" gun metal rims, modded nissan injectors, walbro 255 lph fuel pump, areomotive afpr, msd 6a , magasquirt v3, and turboed
maine_mazda_bp

Post by maine_mazda_bp »

is your car the b6 or a bp swap i have an ecu that is good on my 94 mx3 with b6 motor and did you build your ms system is it an ms1 or ms2 please get back to me soon
94mazda-MX-3 5 speed with bp swap have gt25 turbo with some turbo parts but its not on yet waiting on more stuff building a mega squirt2 for it but body is stock

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”