My turbo project so far

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ok guys, i seem to be done YAY.... thaks for everyones hel! of course with turbo nobody is ever done, right?

My smoke probles was because my oil drain line was under the level of oil. As in I was over filled. I drained some oil and walla! no more smoke, not even from the pcv.. odd huh.. I got the walbro on. My afs are at 13.2 @ boost. Max boost is 4 psi even tho I got a 5 psi spring. No detonation.. sounds like a tractor tho. Im leaving my car is this for a while. Megasquirt is here but Im not ready mentally for that lol.

My plans are getting a hybrid ze, either millenia ze or a regular de and build it from there. This set uo right now I got is only for a while.. maybe a year the most. Im sure not done with the mx3.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

awesome, congrats, go to the track and let us know whats up!? :lol:
93 mx-3 w/ Curved Neck klze
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I am not giving up on the project, but I feel I need to go bac to n/a for now. My job schedule drastically changed. I now woprk afternoons to late at night. Ill be keeping the kit. Wont sell it because i will install it back. The install is quite easy. Ill have to find some ssautochrome headers or down pipe. I already got another oil pan. Ill get a stock cross member and bolt everything back. I miss my mx3.. i wanna drive it to to work. I dont have the 650 for a new turbo. Its not really a loss. I have the megasquirt that I got from shadowme from probetalk.

I got the aem wideband. Il be tunning the car with megasquirt n/a first. Since I got the hand a bit of the afs. Ill reinstall turbo once i get a good turbo and millenias... on and whoever runs with no millenias.. yes you are wrong guys... you DO NEED the millenias even for low boost.. by af ratios were around high 12s and you need like 12.5 at full throttle for at least minimum safe boost.. the FMUS.. they do work but to a certain point.. they can mess with your engine because the afs suddently change.. not a very good tool to tune with.

So yah I am looking forward to driving my mx3 soon. I know turbo is a huge difference in power but i prefer to go back to driving my mx3 for the hell of it, wherever the road takes me.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Just a bump.. also shedding some new light on the project..

I had a back up used ebay turbo that i got from a friend...

I opened it.. no shaft play.. no scratches in the housing.. i was like WTF..

I completely gutted it open.. well not completely.. i need the snap pliers .. but as far as i can see is that the OIL seal.. the front one... ITS COMPLETELY gone.. its roasted.. but amazingly the bearings have no shaft play..

so what ill do is ill reseal it with a rebuild kit.. its only like 30 dllrs so i dont have much to lose..
-hec

Return to “Forced Induction”