fuel leak FIXED Thanks patdiesel

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
twoie

fuel leak FIXED Thanks patdiesel

Post by twoie »

I have a fuel leak only when the car is running. It appears to be on the back side of the motor. I've looked at all the rubber lines to rail ( new last year ), filter, lines from tank, and the little C shaped metal line near the filter and I can't find it. Also, the gas cap still has vac after the car is running. Since there is a vac does this mean it must be on a low pressure line?

Has anyone else had a similar problem in this area? It's a pretty good leak causing a constant drip about every 2 seconds, only when running.

twoie
Last edited by twoie on September 1st, 2007, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I would guess that you maybe split one of the lines when replacing them or didn't use hose rated for fuel. Not that you didn't ask the parts guy for fuel line, but that maybe he gave you the wrong stuff. I've not seen the metal lines corrode, but that could aslo be a problem. If you find corrosion on the outside of the metal lines I would replace them. Fuel leaks are HARD to find. The gas evaporates so quickly and if it only leaks when running you are really taking a chance running the car to find the leak. However, IMO it is better to run the car and find the leak now rather than wait for responses and drive the car with it leaking.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
twoie

Post by twoie »

not currently driving it because I don't want to smell like chicken when I burn up. Why would the gas cap still have a vaccumm if there is a hole in the system?

twoie
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

blown head gasket maybe :roll:

theres only 2 fuel hoses coming from the tank in the back of the motor
twoie

Post by twoie »

would't think it's my head gasket because it is raw fuel and the car runs great. When I'm under the car there is 4 or 5 steel lines running from tank area to firewall. I'll have to look at online man to see what all these are. I would assume some are for the brakes.

Thank you for the reply
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

cool, yeah i think theres 5 lines,
2 brake lines, 2 fuel lines and 1 Evap line.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”