First Modification

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
ike272

First Modification

Post by ike272 »

I just bought 1992 Mx-3, with the upgraded KL ZE engine. For those more familiar with these cars, what is the first mod I should so to it. Just send any suggestions my way.
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

That all depends on you and your goals for the car. You already have a klze in it, but are you looking to maybe put more of the power to the ground, dress up the engine, or maybe the motor is great but your suspension needs work. Let us know what direction you are heading and you will get alot of answers.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

remove all rice.. get new suspension.. replace all broken parts.. new paint
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

No way. Rice it way out. Get one of them Sunoco stickers to put on your gas cover. Maybe a giant biohazard symbol for your hatch window. Definately some fuzzy dice and flame decals.
No more MX-3.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Get a KLZE ecu if it has the K8 ecu still. Seen that many times from people buying pre-swapped Mx-3's
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
ike272

upgrades

Post by ike272 »

The new paint is a given, cause it doesnt stop flaking in those small spots.
I am going to keep it white and put some black accents on it (without major body mods).I like the way the car looks. What about rims? Any suggestions so I dont have to hunt thru all webpages with the word "rim" in it. Preformance wise, I want to see what I can do so that I can even more power to the wheels. How will increasing the intake and exaust flow affect preformance? Not much space for turbo.

As for suspension, kits are there to tighten things up.

Finnaly brakes, should I upgrade the brakes now, or after some boosts in horsepower?

Keep them coming.
midrange

Post by midrange »

well, you have boost in HP already.. 135hp to 200hp so, yeah, if you want better stopping power, brakes is always nice..

If its new to you.. i would make sure everything is working alright before dumping cash into it.. ECU would be first thing to look for, make sure its running great....

Now, if it was my car with a klze and everything was mechanically sound.. I would drop it, paint it, tint it, and clean up motor, cat back exhaust, cai if not on already, port and polish if you have extra spending money.. maybe up grade injectors...
I like good solid suspension so upgrading strut bars, sway bars, end links, so on and the drop kit, springs or whatever you go with is not ebay cheap crap.

I would think of boosting (turbo) it if you want a fast car, but iwas told the klze doesn't handle boost very well.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”