Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 10

MazdaNoob123

RR Racing Motor Mount Buy (Please Read

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

Ok well i have been talking to Rafi from RR racing (http://www.rr-racing.com/)
Ive been trying to talk him into making a front and rear motor mount for the Mx-3. But he needs some buyers before he will make them.
i will get back to you on pricing but i think it would be around the same cost as the ones for the MX-6 (55$ for front and rear)
I still cant find anywhere in the shop manual where it says there should be a 1in hole in the side of the block. (Blown K8) #6 rod thrown through block.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Are these the inserts or the solid mounts? For that price I am guessing they are inserts... If they are the solid mount then I am interested.
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

insert only
I still cant find anywhere in the shop manual where it says there should be a 1in hole in the side of the block. (Blown K8) #6 rod thrown through block.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

I'd prefere a solid mount like AWR. i did hear about one dude trying to get AWR bto make a rear one for the mx3 as well. but if that don't go through i would like thee then.as long as they are solid urethane insert.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

Agreed, preferably AWR`s direct bolt-on mounts, but if that don`t happen, RR-Racing would be really good.

-n
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

sorry i wont support RR racing, Rafi screwed me over for 2 months when i was building my kf, when i was finally able to get ahold of him about the money he owed me back or the parts, he told me he never received the money even though i had proof through the paypal transaction. Took me actually threatening to take his company to court over the matter to get my parts
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

and you could fill your own motor mounts for cheaper than 55 dollars, and they would be just as good, why waist the money?
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I would be interested but with the negative comment on this thread.. i wouldnt even bother risking it.

Thats what its about cust serv, word gets around fast and kills the business.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

I would actually prefer that we have multiple option when it comes to solid mounts.

These inserts are the Ultimate thing u want if your car is a daily driver and u want comfortability. They make the mounts "pretty" solid and it keeps the vibration down to nearly none.

AWR is designing a Solid rear mount for the MX-3. I sent in mine and they are copying it now. So i will let people know when they are done. But don't get the wrong idea, These mounts will cause a good amount of vibration over stock and if your motor is running ruff it will make the ride very uncomfortable.

I supposr the RR-Racing Insert design for the inserts. Rafi is a good guy, bought many parts from him for my MX-6
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Slammed6 wrote:AWR is designing a Solid rear mount for the MX-3. I sent in mine and they are copying it now. So i will let people know when they are done. But don't get the wrong idea, These mounts will cause a good amount of vibration over stock and if your motor is running ruff it will make the ride very uncomfortable.
well if thats the case then i want some...
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

oh oh its a company and not a person? oo then yeah id get it :D

lol
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

http://www.rr-racing.com/

Yes a company...been around many years.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I`m definetely going with AWR.

You should send in the front mount aswell, so the Mx-3 front mount would fit too, without shimming it out.

-n
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

based on the replys here im gonna tell rafi its a no go, thank you for commenting
and im gonna move on to AWR and talk to them..

also im sorry to the person who got screwed by rafi..
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

MazdaNoob123 wrote:based on the replys here im gonna tell rafi its a no go, thank you for commenting
and im gonna move on to AWR and talk to them..

also im sorry to the person who got screwed by rafi..
I`m sure there`s people who`d like the inserts.
Not everyone wants AWR`s stiff mounts.

-n

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”