I WANT MORE SPEED

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
stoker911

I WANT MORE SPEED

Post by stoker911 »

hi
im new to mx3's, i bought a 94 mx3 yesterday. I do not know much about cars, but i would love to learn. I live in vancouver canada, and would like to put around 3 grand into this car. Currently it is completely stock with 95000k's on it. I would greatly appreciate it if you would please help me out, and dumb down all the technical terms i have read so far on this site..lol. My car is manual, and the engine says 16valve dohc. It is a 4 cyclinder. I dont really want to swap the engine, but i would like some information on what i should get to make it alot faster for 3grand. I dont know where i would buy any parts you are about to recomend, so if you would specify parts that arent too hard to get, and where i would go about getting them that would be great. If you live near me, i will pay you 3grand cash to modify it completely, and teach me along the way. Thanks a ton and sorry for sounding like a retard
p.s. love the website, and i love my new mx3
bawolvesfan

Post by bawolvesfan »

for 3 grand, get a bpt, theres really no way to get real power out of the stock 4 banger. however if an engine swap is out of the question, ebay cold air intakes are good... you can adjust your timing like miata guys do... basic exhaust work (keep in mind the bigger your exhaust is the more your power gets moved to your upper rpms... you can do some searches for other stuff thats more advanced like turbos and stuff
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

the most price efficient way to get more power would be turbo.

other than turbo, the biggest power gain you can get out of the B6 would be to otherwise purchase some miata camshafts (no greater than stage 2, otherwise you'll have to change the valvetrain)

seach for miata camshaft swap. What compliments this swap nicely will to have your intake and exhaust worked for better flow. Also some higher flow fuel injectors from the BP would be adequate.
This is good for about 10 to 15 horses according to some of the forum members.

Other than that, modding the B6 can be quite expensive.
stoker911

Post by stoker911 »

alright whatever, ill get a bpt. Where do i get one? How much? place that installs?
thanks for quick replies
bawolvesfan

Post by bawolvesfan »

ummmm, i dont know if any shop would do the bpt swap for any reasonable cost but perhaps a talented forum member who had done it before would be willing to take on the job? where are you located?
stoker911

Post by stoker911 »

im located in vancouver, canada and i would pay a hell of alot of money for him to get an engine and take mine out and install the other etc. As a matter of fact, i would give him my other engine(not old or anything) on top of all other costs.
thanks

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”