MX-3 GS repair manual

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

whats the problem with the car dying? does it die when it warms up? If it does it could be one of the coils, if there is a broken wire and when it warms up the wires separate and the car dies.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
Dalur

Post by Dalur »

That's exactly the problem. Once its warm it dies. As I said we changed the internal coil because the numbers we were getting didn't match up with what the online manual said now we are working back.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

what do you mean numbers? Have you tried to do a diagnosis on your car? ie sticking a paperclip in your diagnosis box and reading the codes off the flashing check engine light?
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
Dalur

Post by Dalur »

???? I didn't know about that. I've only really worked on Jeeps and I have books for them. Where's the diagnoses box?
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

basically for OBDI (On Board Diagnosys 1) cars, you can put a paperclip between the bins labeled TEN and GND. once youve done this go into your car with a pen and paper and turn the ignition to on and the chek engine light will come on through its regular routine and stay there for about 3 seconds. After the light goes off, if you do have erros, the check engine light will flash a sequence of flashes telling you what is wrong. The flashed will go like this: ffllaaassshh(long blink) flash flash flash this means code 13. or ffffflllllaaassshhh ffflllaaassshhh flash flash this means code 22. there is a list of codes somewhere on the online manual.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

here is the CEL code how to for the mx-3...

http://www.atlantamx3.com/mocaforum/vie ... 06658ea03b
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

just making sure but you are aware that the mx-3s manual is online on the mx-3.com site? the only better manual than it is the actual shop manual which you can find on ebay from time to time, or if you know someone that already has the digital version get it from them.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

Yeah Ebay is your friend for this one, i got the shop manual for my car for under $20. It covers more cars but it covers more then enough on the MX-3. I think there is two types of books, ones that cover the years 90-93 and the other one (which i don't know of because my car is a 93 so...).

Edit: This is the book im talking about
http://cgi.ebay.ca/1990-1993-Chiltons-R ... dZViewItem
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

no no no i'm not talking chiltons or hanes i'm talking real mazda service manual and tech manuals that they use. they have all the specs that you'll ever need
there are also digital versions of these books floating around, i happen to be so lucky to have one :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-Maz ... 0114QQrdZ1
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Dalur

Post by Dalur »

Ok I think we figured out the problem. The exciter was toast, either that or the wiring harness that someone put on after was messed up. I think I'm going to buy a shop manual. The online manual is great but I like to have a book beside me when I'm looking at the motor.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”