blow yet another diff

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
Limegreen mx-3

blow yet another diff

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

like it says i blow my 3rd diff god damnit. so the beast will be out for a while got my Ok 99 crouger oh wow.

f-series diff at the track
miata diff at the track
g-series diff at the track

weak azz mazda diff why did mitsu and honda made stronger trans. why
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Because you have pushed the limits of a stock transaxle. Why else would you blow them up?? Have you tried a Kia trans? In several areas, they are beefier than previous G series gearbox's.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

i am aware of the kia stuff i did a worklog on a kia/mazda hybrid trans using a a kia diff. somebody i know throw it away so yeah all tha hard work for nothing. i ain't no newbie here guy
Last edited by Limegreen mx-3 on June 25th, 2007, 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

I've broken 3 diffs with my car as well. First two were sohc f-series trannies with the lil VJ-13/14 @ 14psi on the B6T. The last one was a Mazdaspeed G-series LSD diff in a Pro-LX box...blew the clutch discs apart as a direct result of a custom center axle bar I twisted like a pretzel on both ends, sheared the outer end in half and damn near sheared the inner end as well! I launched at 5000rpm @ 5+psi of boost on a GT3076R...it was SICK for the first 40 or so feet...would have went 6's in the 1/8th mile. If it would have been rear wheel drive I'd have stood it straight up! It flat out hooked...no spin at all on street tires (245/50-R16's...bout same size as 26" slicks... :wink: ).

Some days I get a itch to just slap it all in my 87 RX-7 with a T II trans (my RX-7 is NA and broke 2 trannies in it as well)...then I start dreaming about power glides n 9" rear ends with 300m axles... :throwup: But for that money I could build the Pro-LX box with dog gears, shafts, & 300m axles :twisted: leaving it still legal to run in the NHRA & NDRA street class...I'm tasting 9's already...damn wallet wont work with me though. :rant2:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

awwww the two step ar at least thats what us guys down here call it. lunching off the line with boost gotta love that. thats how i blow mine launching of the line at 5500rpms on 5psi. BOOOOOOOOOM they heard it i didn't and going no where when u see the lights. if the MS lsd can't ho;d up i minus will save up and get a quife lsd. i just wish the mazda trans hold up to some power. i still got to invest on drive train and susupension witch are still stock expect Clutch.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

well change of plans going to try and find out if the miata obx diff will wrok in the fwd trans. f*&k it if i don't get the speedo to work. i just want a diff that will hold up to power. so i'll be taking apart the trans and finding out as i go what need to be done i will get it to work.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

I'm looking for a Kaaz LSD. The MS LSD held fine until the axle went and sent all the torque to the other side in a split second.

If your going to trailor your car or dont car about tire wear just make a spool for it.

The Quaife LSD I'm not to sure about...I've talked to a few people that say the 100% lock up Kaaz LSD's track much better and that they'd choose it every time...they've all had previous experiance with the Quaife first hand.

Let me know what you find out with the Miata diff. I'll also ask Derrick out at Corksport if he knows weather it will work on not. They are going through parts as well in their GTR powered Protege Drag. Last I talked to him they were blowing apart single disc clutches and broke the jack shaf mount itself. They are however running the same custom axle center bar that I twisted up like a pretzel.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

so here the deal my current broken trans will be taken apart and with that trans i'll be making the miata diff work on that trans i'll make a worklog on that.

as for know i went to the juck yard and took the trans from a 95 kia sophia along with the halfshaft and axles. since the axles spline on the trans side are thicker than the mazda axles splines. so i hope this trans holds up untill i get the upgraded diff to work.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

replaced the trans up and running again my b-day gift to myself LOL just got home from doing all that swaping. runing with kia trans and axles + halfshaft.

Return to “Transmissions”