What would I need for uniballs rear drop links? (++++)

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
nope-mx3

What would I need for uniballs rear drop links? (++++)

Post by nope-mx3 »

I`m thinking of improving my suspension setup, and need some ideas for some stuff that`s "easy" to put together.

Like uniball drop links etc. (for the rear).
Also, where I can get the needed parts online etc.

All help appreciated.
Hopefully Yoda has some input on this subject :)

-nope
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

What the hell is a uniball Nope? lol :wink: Do you mean a heim joint? What is a drop link? The rear sway bar links or the rear lateral links...
Some have made rear lateral links and transverse links (I think that is the proper name) as well as sway bar links using threaded tubing and heim joints. The problem is getting joints that can withstand the abuse and dirt for more than a short period of time. The sway bar links do not take much abuse, but the lateral and transverse links do and will wear a average set of heims out pretty quickly. MOCA is currently working on making a set of heim links for the sway bars (front and rear). The cost is pretty nice since the best joints are expensive and we needed a new set of OEM joints to measure off of. I just got the OEM joints today so we can start with the measuring and ordering of the heim joints and rod. I'll post more when we get a result.
What do you do with your car? I know you race it, but how often and specifically what type of racing? Luke of SRD and a few others did the full rear suspension. I hear that it makes the ride VERY harsh since you loose ALL rubber bushings from the rear end. Without a roll cage to help the body stay rigid you chance the metal unibody deforming or even tearing at a seam. I wouldn't recommend the heim joint rear end unless the car is strickly for racing and you have at least a half cage.
However, see if you can find a memeber who has Actually done it and ask them about it. Alot better to get info from a source than me who has only read about others experience with it.
GL :D
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

yep, I`m talking about Heim Joints :)

And the rear swaybar link is the first I`d like to get done.
I already have a half cage.
My plans are to have this ready for serious track use (but of course, it`s also my daily driver).

-nope
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”