SRD control arm bushings - what type of grease to use?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

LOL - why didn't I think of that?!?!!?

unfortunately I think the set on my fast car (that was lubed with the green goo) is starting to make popping sounds and such... I'm not sure if it is the control arms popping or what... I've replaced both axels and that isn't making the popping... what could it be?
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

it squeaks so what can u do... make cleaning and greasing them a regular part of your maintence. since they arent rubber dirt and grime would be able to wear them down more than rubber bushings. thats the price you pay for bushings that are superior to their rubber/poly options
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: SRD control arm bushings - what type of grease to use?

Post by Mooneggs »

Can I remove my control arm without taking off the endlink? I'd like to grease the bushings but I don't want to deal with the endlinks :?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: SRD control arm bushings - what type of grease to use?

Post by Mooneggs »

I bought new endlinks (very good idea) and I replaced them when i regreased the bushings. I used a moly graph type of grease that is extremely resistant to water shock... anyways been driving for a few days and no more creaks/squeaks!

this was the best price I could find on the endlinks (I didn't want to build them myself)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/compat ... 03-5310415" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”