Custom Intake I am making.

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
erixon

Custom Intake I am making.

Post by erixon »

Hey guys, I just wanted to tell everyone that i am building an intake, well most of its built, i took some measurements, and took some aluminum tubing from work, and machined some fittings and whatnot, then welded everything up... now I just need to pick up an air filter, and a couple couplings and should be good. I buffed out most of the scratches, might polish it to chrome it up, not sure yet.. it looks like a milled finish right now, i kinda like it. I'll put up pics shortly.

Me and a buddy are entertaining the idea of making intakes for mx-3 owners... nicer than the one im making. we are both into forming and fabricating metal as careers, so we are pretty good with it. If there would be any interest we'd totally be up for it, I know how hard it is to find intakes! Anyways,

Peace
bawolvesfan

Post by bawolvesfan »

i would definately take one of those intakes. wat r we lookin at price wise?
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I`d be down for a decent intake manifold for my K8 V6 engine.
Would look a lot smoother :)

-n
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
bawolvesfan

Post by bawolvesfan »

i personally would like a ram air, not a cold air, and powdercoated black, not polished
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

please contact the owner of the site about selling for this site. I think a new intake would be great. Please post some picks in the new productdevelopment area of the site.

jaosn
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
erixon

Post by erixon »

sounds good. I'll post my pictures after I install tomorrow. Keep in mind that what we will be making in the future, will be better than what I have.... althought mine should be decent. Just a learning proces for me, the first time making it, you learn all teh trial and error. We'll have to price out everything after. If you want it polished, and like a chrome look, it would probably be more than if you just wanted the milled finish, powdercoating, or paint. Just because there is a lot more process to polishing, a lot of buffing. All of it would be made of thin wall aluminum, so it would be very light, and all tig welded. Ian, my friend who does the tig welding, is probably one of the best welders you'll see around. so expect it to be strong. I'll post pics tomorrow though.
bawolvesfan

Post by bawolvesfan »

n/e pics yet?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”