Just A Bunch of Questions... New, Been Looking Around.

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
erixon

Just A Bunch of Questions... New, Been Looking Around.

Post by erixon »

Okay, so I am fairly new here, just been looking around a lot lately at different stuff. In the short time that I have owned my MX-3, I have noticed that it is really hard to find parts. I've had to fix some problems on mine, and there is still more to fix. I have a 96 1.6L DOHC. I aquired my car through a trade, for an old beater truck... There is still lots to do to it.

I know a lot of my questions are probably solved by searching hard on here... but I have had an extremely hard day. I am going to try and salvage my hood, which smashed against my windshield and pretty much bent the opposite direction of what I wanted it to. It doesnt look too bad, it still closes with a little force, it has some creases, but looks like it could be ironed out. Hopefully.

Well. the questions. First thing I am confused about, is the aftermarket listing of parts. Seen is how I own a 96, I find it decidedly strange that all the parts are listed 92-95, is there something different about my car from these years? I thought it wouldnt make a difference, but who knows sometimes.

I am good with metal forming and shaping (I run a press brake, which fairs good for me for making my own intake, heh heh), and fairly mechanical. I am wondering jsut how hard the 01-03 civic headlight conversion is... is it pretty straight forward? I have the evilyeti "how to", just wondering if anyone has done it, and if its accurate.

I think i might get some vents to put in my hood, to assist wist shaping it... I am really looking forward to getting this car in tip top shape. I have owned beaters and crappy cars ever since my talon was stolen, that was my baby, I was thinking about painting this car the same color, in memory of it. haha.. Well, I'll probably be on here somewhat often, hope to talk to you all soon!

See ya Around!

-Kyle

ps- any albertians in here?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Good luck with that hood. In my experience a hood cannot ever be repaired if it breaks loose from the under-skeleton.
Cannot help you on the projectors as I do not have them.
The 1996 are OBDII cars. That is why you will see a split in the years. As the MX-3 was only sold until 1994 in the US I cannot tell you all the differences, but I think the only real difference in the OBDIIs is the electronics. In mid 93 Mazda changed a few of the mechanical parts so watch for that if you are buying things. If there is a choice get the part for the latest year.
Welcome to the board.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

You could still get the MX-3 in RS form in the US through 96.. just a FYI. The GS model was indeed discontinued in 94 with small production numbers in 94 compared to the 92-93 years.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Wrong info above.

RS only available thru 1995 in US.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Actually.. I'm pretty sure it is true. Production in North America (canda & the US) continued till 96. They just didnt ship any GS models to the US. I dont have documented proof of this.. but it makes common sense. What is your source of info Perry?

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”