My new MX-3

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Suresperance

My new MX-3

Post by Suresperance »

i just picked this up along with two more engines.

head unit got stolen and trim got messed up
a stack of interior pieces in the back seat lol
so much for a headliner
engine shot

there is a vacuum leak some where so i have a few pics of things i think might be the culprit so if any one could tell me what these are and if their important/where they should be connected to that would be great

i think this is ERG i have no idea what that does or where it goes
cracked line coming off the intake elbow
crappy plug on an intake coupler

im going to take that engine and put it in my red car and put the KLDE i got into the white one.

also i have a curved neck that is going on the true ZE and into the red car

i hope you like it theres more pics of the extra engines and all the crap i have in my shed and storage unit on my new cardomain.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2668750

[/img]
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Hope you didnt pay much for that car. I wouldn't put anything into that, just take things off it.
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

it was free and the cars actualy in great shape the exterior is for the most part mint its just filthy there is absolutly no rust on the body or under the car. the interior i just messed up thats the only thing wrong with it
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

for free?? sweet! :shock:
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Theres your vacuum leak...

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

i figured it looked like it was the problem. i still wanna know what this and if i need it hooked up or not

Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

nice leather!!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
Hood-R Oliver

Post by Hood-R Oliver »

i wish i'd get a mx for free... :( But good luck with the car! :wink:
Mx-3 enthusiast since 2004.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

I replaced my Valve covers and in the process of that the 2 little plastic arms on that part you are showing broke when a manifold nut let loose. All i did was heatwrap and zip tie the vacuum lines together. Anybody have one of those parts for sale? Long story short, all you'll get is a funny idle. LOL
Blaze Red '92 K8 Mx-3 GS. Never got around to a ZE swap. SOLD
1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. Don't worry i'll come back around to the Mazda world.
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

i know no one is going to beleive this but the reason the guy just gave me the car and the two engines with it (one K8 one supposed hybrid but upon further investigation turned out to be a true ZE) was because he bought a motorcycle and parked the MX3 and after a year of sitting he couldnt get it to start and it sat like that for another year or so ..... so long story short after two maybe more years of not running i got the car running today. it runs good shifts thru all the grears .... its running rough but that could just be because one its got nasty old plugs in it and the gas sat in it for more than two years it only had about 1/2 a gallon left in it and i filled it with 5 of fresh premium. so im going to add more fresh fuel to get rid of the nasty old stuff and change the plugs and add some injector cleaner and see how it idles then.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

I find that herd to believe as you said, but you are one lucky Mofo.
Blaze Red '92 K8 Mx-3 GS. Never got around to a ZE swap. SOLD
1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. Don't worry i'll come back around to the Mazda world.
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

FREEBIE :shock:
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

if i can figure out how to post vids ill put up a video of the thing running. also i have the whole interior of the car stripped and cleaned (seats put back in) i was going to take pics but it started pouring. so ill take pics tom.
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 2038269648

i know its on my space sorry and its a cell phone vid but it will have to do for now
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

With the gas being that old you need to get a new fuel filter and put some fuel injector cleaner in the tank. I would do it imediately. That old gas is going to be gummy and start blocking up the smaller parts of the fuel system. Adding new gas will get it to burn, but I don't know if it will disolve the old gas.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”