atx to mtx question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bdr2k5

atx to mtx question

Post by bdr2k5 »

alright i read about it that u have to jump the big electrical connector on this post that is on the faq http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=41847 , but then i read u have to jump the white connector on this post http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... =auto++ecu, but the post on the faq doesnt say about that one!?, do u do both or which one? or does it matter!?

btw, is the switch behind the clutch pedal for cruise control disengage?, i know the one in from of the pedal is the clutch switch.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I'm sorry I can't answer your first question. The the switch your talking about it more likely the neutral safety switch, it's a switch that needs to be depressed to let the car know that the clutch has been *fully* depressed and to allow the car to start. FYI, it does not disengage cruise control. I know you can shift while on cruise to help out the motor, I know, I've done it ;)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

alright, thanks mate..
i never had manual car with cruise control, so when u press the clutch while on cruise control, the engine doesnt rev all the way up or stuff like that!? and it doesnt disengage when u shift!?
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

oh according to the online shop manual thats not the neutral switch, neutral switch is somewhere under the distributor cap, according to the online shop manual. !?
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Jump the white one, exactly like I showed you in the post you referenced.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

alright, what about the other one !?, im plannin on trying that tomorrow, since my car willl not start fromt he ignition switch.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

the other thing is nothing for you to worry about.

You only want the white one.
~Perry
Please visit
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

ok ill do that boss.

i still wonder why the other guy posted that and is on the faq.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

I think that is for a 94+ or an 96 model once it switched to OBD II
~Perry
Please visit
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

The white connector is for the clutch safety switch. You can jump it like Perry did or you can hook it up to the switch behind the clutch pedal and be proper about it. This way the car will only start when you depress the clutch pedal. The second Yellow connector is supposed to be a pin out connection to connect your reverse lights switch up to the factory ATX harness. Problem is.. the pinout in that thread is for a PGT or MX6 car and not a MX3. So there are differences and you will need to experiment with the connector or wire the reverse lights up separately (which is what I did).

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

alright, ill try that.

the reason i was asking is cuz, the car i bought was converted from atx to mtx, the car cranked fine the day a i bought it, but then when i tow it home, the car wouldnt start from the ignition switch, i thought he had this connectors jumped and they fell off with all the vibration, im gonna check into that today.

ps. oh and btw, so the automatic chassis harness comes with mtx connectors, like clutch , neutral switch and allt hat stuff?
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

No it doesnt come with connectors.. if it did.. you wouldnt have to be splicing or jumping connectors to make the clutch safety switch or reverse lights work.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Tunes67 wrote:The white connector is for the clutch safety switch.
mmm no its not.

My car will start in any gear- whether the clutch is pressed or not. So, you gotta be REAL careful when starting the car!

LOL
~Perry
Please visit
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

My car will start in any gear- whether the clutch is pressed or not. So, you gotta be REAL careful when starting the car!

LOL
Thats the point Perry.. if you had connected the plug to the switch on the clutch pedal.. it would NOT start UNLESS you had the clutch pedal pressed down. Since you just put a jumper wire into the plug.. you bypassed that safety feature.

Tunes67

bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

hehehe, the white one worked !.

thanks guys

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”