Are piggybacks for the v6?

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
kenken

Are piggybacks for the v6?

Post by kenken »

my car is running rich in high rpm. are there any fuel controllers that i can use for my k8? something like the safc.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The SAFC can be used if you can wire it up and find someone to tune it. The MX is no mystery car. If there is a generic electronic part like SAFC or stand alone or piggy back ECM it can be used on the MX3.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
kenken

Post by kenken »

after viewing all the threads around, it seems that the SAFC cannot work with v6 engines. basically it is the cheapest solution for me and it is also easy to operate.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It most assuradly will and can work, I think it is just that noone has had enough knowledge to install it. Talk to a local tuning shop about what you want and they can give some ideas about what you can use and what they can sell or install.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”