Recommend strong wheels for racing.

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Alright. I just put the wheels on, with a set of 205/55/R15 BFGoodrich KDW 2s, and took it for a spin. New lugs too, will need to re-tighten. The ride is smoother and softer now, also gained half an inch of ground clearance due to taller rubber. Can't say about handling, was just an easy ride. Tires are clearly heavier than my old ones, but I still lost a lot of weight, so that's good. One thing that bothers me is that there's not a lot of clearance between the tires and struts in the rear. We're talking maybe a couple of millimeters, if that. No rubbing, but I'll probably get thin spacers still, so it doesn't rub when the tire flexes in under cornering.

Overall I'm fairly pleased.

The End.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

if u have 1 mm of clearance it is enough. the only part of the tire that deflects is the part touching the ground. my rear clearance is about .5mm between the wheel and the strut. nothing to worry about.

btw, unless you do something seriously wrong like run your car up a curb or jump off a freeway in your car, with 205/55/15 you will not need to worry about breaking, bending, or cracking your wheels. theres just too much cushion to do that with ssr's. after owning a set of blitz and work wheels then going to ssr i can say that ssr is a very high quality wheel, currently i have 3 sets of ssr wheels myself. :2thumbsup:

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”