Swap Problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
uk_mx3_guy

Swap Problem

Post by uk_mx3_guy »

Hi guys,

I have a small problem with my ZE swap!

All has gone fine, but the only thing is the stock accerator cable is way to slack to the TB, I have set it as far back as possible but there is still some slack!!

I have been told to bend the bracket back, but am a little worried about doing this..

Has anyone else had this problem or know a solution?

Thanks

Jono
UK 94 2.5L KL-ZE V6 MX3, KL-68 TB, Chipped ECU, Green Air Kit, Exceedy Race Clutch, Hand made exhaust system, Goodridge Braided Brake Lines, Black Diamond Drilled & Grooved Disks with Black Diamond Predator Pads
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I bought a flat piece of metal and made my own so that it would sit right in the middle of the adjustment point. Some ZEs the cable seems too long and others the stock cable works just fine. A real mystery as to why that is (to me at least). It is not hard to make a new one or to bend the stock one. Also, it can be bent many times before it looses stregnth so bend with confidence.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
uk_mx3_guy

Post by uk_mx3_guy »

Thanks pat,

I will bend the stock bracket then and make my own bracket at a later date.

Time to go home and have some fun :)

Thanks again

Jon
UK 94 2.5L KL-ZE V6 MX3, KL-68 TB, Chipped ECU, Green Air Kit, Exceedy Race Clutch, Hand made exhaust system, Goodridge Braided Brake Lines, Black Diamond Drilled & Grooved Disks with Black Diamond Predator Pads
uk_mx3_guy

Post by uk_mx3_guy »

On another note...

So far I have started the ZE on the K8 ECU, and it starts fine.

Last night I decided to put in the KL-31 ECU I got with the ZE, so with that plugged in I turned the key and..... nothing! The car turns over but thats it, does it look like I have a bad ECU?

Thanks

Jon
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

not sure if this is it but my buddy swapped ecus in his mustang and the same thing happened turns out it was a secruity feature.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”