custom intake manifolds for B series

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

custom intake manifolds for B series

Post by cjthor »

Anyone know of a company that does this? I need one bad!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

How close is a Bp to a B6 in intake port spacing??
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

not close enough, I think....I'll dig up a BP & B6 manifold out of my building and compare them. If you want we can make you one, I can now weld aluminum with the tig. I just got to weld AN fittings on my new aluminum radiator...we custimized it to work as it is designed for circle track Chevy V8's. I blew a 3" seem in the stock radiator this winter and last night we twisted the chrome moly drive shaft in half at the track! I believe it would have been a 6 second pass :wink:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

JWMotorsports wrote:not close enough, I think....I'll dig up a BP & B6 manifold out of my building and compare them. If you want we can make you one, I can now weld aluminum with the tig. I just got to weld AN fittings on my new aluminum radiator...we custimized it to work as it is designed for circle track Chevy V8's. I blew a 3" seem in the stock radiator this winter and last night we twisted the chrome moly drive shaft in half at the track! I believe it would have been a 6 second pass :wink:
Well I definitely need an intake...Ive been doin some research and noticed some companies put velocity stacks in the manifold itself going to the runners. Seen this?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

cjthor wrote:
JWMotorsports wrote:not close enough, I think....I'll dig up a BP & B6 manifold out of my building and compare them. If you want we can make you one, I can now weld aluminum with the tig. I just got to weld AN fittings on my new aluminum radiator...we custimized it to work as it is designed for circle track Chevy V8's. I blew a 3" seem in the stock radiator this winter and last night we twisted the chrome moly drive shaft in half at the track! I believe it would have been a 6 second pass :wink:
Well I definitely need an intake...Ive been doin some research and noticed some companies put velocity stacks in the manifold itself going to the runners. Seen this?

why havent you made an intake for your car? Any pics of your aluminum welding?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Yes I have, I've also seen dyno comparrisons of straight, tappered, and w/ velocity stacks. The highest flowing is to use a tappered runner tappering no more than 3 Degrees per inch down to just a hair under the stock port size the utilize a velocity stack on the top. There are a LOT of different ways of making manifolds, the key is to design it around what the car is going to be utilized for. The setup on my car current turns the M1 miata manifold in to a dual plane design and basicly uses the upper IC pipe as the plenum...hints why my car makes sooooo much torque. I've got a new design I'm going to build for my car that couples the best of both worlds (long & short runners while using no moving parts and keeping high velocities).

There is a basic manifold that I can build that has oval runners, oval velocity stacks, your choice size of plenum (3.5" half round, 4"x4" square, or 5" D shaped). The materials are around $350 and I'll do all the fabrication for $150 & ship it for $20 for anyone who would like one. I'll do yours for a bit less since you had us fab your turbo manifold...call me for your price.

There are simpilar designs available as well but they will not have velocity stacks. The velocity stacks are $39 each + S&H and you need 4 per manifold...ouch! But they are well priced for the machine work involved.
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

JWMotorsports wrote:Yes I have, I've also seen dyno comparrisons of straight, tappered, and w/ velocity stacks. The highest flowing is to use a tappered runner tappering no more than 3 Degrees per inch down to just a hair under the stock port size the utilize a velocity stack on the top. There are a LOT of different ways of making manifolds, the key is to design it around what the car is going to be utilized for. The setup on my car current turns the M1 miata manifold in to a dual plane design and basicly uses the upper IC pipe as the plenum...hints why my car makes sooooo much torque. I've got a new design I'm going to build for my car that couples the best of both worlds (long & short runners while using no moving parts and keeping high velocities).

There is a basic manifold that I can build that has oval runners, oval velocity stacks, your choice size of plenum (3.5" half round, 4"x4" square, or 5" D shaped). The materials are around $350 and I'll do all the fabrication for $150 & ship it for $20 for anyone who would like one. I'll do yours for a bit less since you had us fab your turbo manifold...call me for your price.

There are simpilar designs available as well but they will not have velocity stacks. The velocity stacks are $39 each + S&H and you need 4 per manifold...ouch! But they are well priced for the machine work involved.
jeremy i lost your number when i switched cellphones. PM me how to contact you! Thanks man.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

JWMotorsports will be making an intake for me. stay tuned for pics!
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

any update or pics?
Orange 95' BPT GT28r, MSII on the way
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Maybe this will help you out some. the pics are of a bunch of stuff but all in all you can see the intake.

these pics are decent enough to see the velocity stacks. this is a nice mani. it has a B6 flange, but i had it welded up to report it to a BP. well the center ports are close enough but the end ports are about 1/2" off. so it will really mess up flow. so i have a new flange for the BP that i need to get welded on. and the TB is designed for a Mustang TB but im changing that too. i bought it from Boosted MX about 2 years ago. Yah 2 years ago i am lame a f--- for not getting this on the car yet. but its made to take mitsu injectors and has direct port NOS ports. its really nice. it has longer runners for HP and torque. it should work out very nicely. i will have it on the car later in the spring. :2thumbsup:
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

No update on the IM yet. Waiting for his extra manifold to arrive so we can start making a jig for the new manifold. This manifold will be different from what most of you have seen. It combines a few existing designs concepts from various other manfiolds that work and bring them all together to make one nasty IM for most any application once the plenum volume is set for the application and the runner length is set for that applications purpose.

Josh, your IM should work very well as it appears to be based of a reversed M1 Miata's. Your plenum looks about a 1/4 to 1/3 larger volume than the M1's and your runners have nearly 90 degrees less bend per runner. Your runners also appear to be around 8" long which is a good torquie setup.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

yea yea yea im a slacker. I have the intake in a box but got sidetracked with these lambo hinges....DAMN CARS!!!
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Bo0sted_Rafi

Post by Bo0sted_Rafi »

A friend of mine, got his BP engine running in a 94 Protege and runs 10.0 @ 142mph with the Original Kia Sephia Intake Manifold with drilled runners likes a Plenum. ( The intake manifold grinded inside)with 75mm TB BBK for mustang

In my personal opinnion, you can use the oem intake manifold with 65mm stock Ford TB (65mm for mustag GT 2000) without mayors mods and get better results
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Bo0sted_Rafi wrote:A friend of mine, got his BP engine running in a 94 Protege and runs 10.0 @ 142mph with the Original Kia Sephia Intake Manifold with drilled runners likes a Plenum. ( The intake manifold grinded inside)with 75mm TB BBK for mustang

In my personal opinnion, you can use the oem intake manifold with 65mm stock Ford TB (65mm for mustag GT 2000) without mayors mods and get better results
not really. the size of the plenum, the runners size, length of the runners, and overall design of the mani. all play a huge role for the air that enters the motor. and a stock mani will and can only flow so much, it is very limited. that’s why throwing on a GTR Mani is so much better for your boosted BP than the stock mani with vics and unequal runner length. its like bolting on 20HP on a boosted motor. granted there are crapy designs like OBX intake manifolds. its more of a science than anything. just like a proper designed exhaust.

Like JW said. my mani is designed more for torque, which it was. it flows 100% better than an OEM mani, well more like 70%. that and it just looks cooler. the way the air enters the motor is just as important as the way it leaves if not more so.

Return to “Forced Induction”