Went to the dyno and(pic added)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Went to the dyno and(pic added)

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm I dont know what to say, the change i did was get a 2.5 exhaust all the way. The first guy who did the dyno today messed up and got me 73 whp ..

A more knowledgable fellow came in.

165 whp/ 149 lbs torque

Difference between this and last dyno as far as factors?..
Car was OVEARHEATED (doh) they didnt turn on the fan, my fault i didnt tell them. There was a 10 degree difference in climate temperature, it was hotter today. Last dyno I had regular gas. This time 91 octane, i dont think it makes any diff.

I was told the 2.5 echaust may have given me power but lost torque.

Last dyno was 162 whp/157lbs torque.

Any comments? i assume my overheated engine made a diff?

It didnt overheat but it got to the H. They left the car running for like 10 mins.. god knows what they were doing (unnatended) took forever and a day, payed 30 dllrs. I guess you get what you pay?

I will dyno after the cam swap but i wont be able to use this as a good reference because the car was overheating.. rats!
Last edited by hgallegos915 on April 6th, 2007, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I dont think id trust anyone any of my cars, who knows if they overheated your engine and possibly warped head etc.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Your car shouldn't be overheating if left idling...I've dyno'd my car with no fans and it still stayed in normal temp.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

yoyr cooling fan should automatically turn on, unless its unplugged. lol you have a ze do you have the 3rd coolant sensor as well?
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well it didntgo to the H it went to the top line.. and yeah i got pissed, it didnt really over heat but the temp gauge was at the top :/ the car runs fine and it didnt overflow into the coolant resevoir. I turned on the fan and it cooled like in 4 mins. :/ still im mad about it. I dont think im going back. :\ what do u guys think of the results? bigger exhaust = lost torque but gained hp?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Honestly i don't think the bigger exhaust will result in that much loss in TQ. I never seen a difference in trq with a larger exhaust setup.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

bumping the post.

I dont think these guyds knew excatly whats up.. they dropped at around 6.3.

Also notice run 1 and 2. The only change that day was the FAN being on in run 2. How can you loose 4 ft torque with one fan on? Dont mind the run 4 a/f ratios it was disconnected.

Run 3 is the one they messed up,.

Run 4 is the new one however eng temp was at the top (not the red but the line) :( b00. I am going to a college nearby to get a better more precise run. Im thinking of fixing the original a/f/ ratios. I heard at wot 15.6 is to lean.
-hec

Steeb

Post by Steeb »

if your dyno's are corrected numbers than it should not matter that the climate was not the same. correction factors provided by a weather station for dyno's which is often optional helps the issue of comparing dyno's done in different geographical locations as well as different weather.
n2ogsze

Post by n2ogsze »

Your car shouldn't overheat just because your fan wasn't on. I'm willing to bet you have other issues in your cooling system.
T61 powered KLZE
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

n2ogsze wrote:Your car shouldn't overheat just because your fan wasn't on. I'm willing to bet you have other issues in your cooling system.
I am gonna have to agree on that, I installed my ZE and ran about 3 months with no cooling fan on (althought it was in the fall/winter) I would let it idle for along time all the time and it never over heated. The only time it did was when the rad cap seal failed and it shot up. luckily no damage was done.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah it think my thermostat may be starting to stick, i did run without the fan all of the winter months and at nights but now in this 93 degree weather after running it they let it idle for over 10 mins and it started to over heat. Ill change the thermostat and rad flush.
-hec

Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

they should have a fan blowing high speed air at your car while you dyno, the dyno i go to do it, they even have slots to blow ice cold air by using dry ice packs ( you provide the dry ice of course).

i would take it to another dyno, though your numbers are still within ze numbers.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”