help me with vacuum lines AND MORE please...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

si las valvulas estubieran malas.... sonarian de qual quier manera de que gire el motor .... permiteme preguntar en ingles.....

-----------------------------

What he is saying is that when he tried to crank the motor it was making a LOUD knocking noise and thought it was a valve.... but then he said he took off the spark plugs .... cranked the motor and did not hear valves knocking anymore .... the motor turns on with spark plugs in but makes a loud knocking noise...what could it be.... also he is saying that in order to keep the car running he needs to keep his foot on the gas....
Last edited by PWRD_BY_HKS on March 9th, 2007, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

Eso mismo es lo que yo pienso! si realmente tuviera algo mal internamente sonaria fatal al hacerlo girar, pero es que suena de maravilla! Es con el motor en marcha cuando suena algo en la parte de la admision, aunque no se que es. El motor se para si dejo de acelerarlo y se ahoga al acelerar tambien puede ser por el caudalimetro no?

Mañana intentare que otra persona con un MX3 ZE venga conmigo para comparar como estan montados todos los tubos y conectores.

Que me hagas de traductor seria el mayor de los favores, ya que me cuesta mucho entender las cuestiones tecnicas en ingles, y en mi pais este SWAP no es habitual.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I don't read Spanish that well, but let me ask a few questions and maybe I can help.
When the engine was installed did you buy new spark plugs, distributor cap, rotor and spark plug wires?
Is the car properly set to Top Dead Center on the timing belt? Since you didn't do the work you have to trust your mechanics answer, but this is what I think your problem is.
How old is the fuel in the gas tank?
Did you replace the fuel filter?
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

PAT, I try it with new spark plugs and used spark plugs, I´m using my old distributor from the k8 that was working good for me before the swap. I try with my wires and with the wires from the ZE. The mechanic says timming is mounted right, but I have to check it with by myself... The ZE has timing marks stamped or painted at the engine?

The gas is in good condition, I go to the garage with my k8 running. I have to check the fuel filter too.

Talking to others ZE owners I find some diferences in the installation, my mechanic don´t connect one or two sensors of the engine (must check it at Monday), I think one is the knock sensor, with this sensor unpluged is posible than the engine run really bad?

I still confused about the fuel lines, I see it at the diagram but don´t know exactly where it comes on a millenia ZE
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

You MUST have the knock sensor plugged into the engine. It will hardly run if it will crank at all.
Get that fixed first. Then check the spark again to see if it is a good blue spark. If not then you need to look at the distributor rotor and cap to make sure they are in good condition. Post back once you have the knock sensor plugged in and the other sensors figured out. Not all sensors on the ZE get plugged in- the EGR is not on a ZE so the plugs are left hanging, there is one coolant sensor that is not on the ZE so it is not plugged in. (a total of 3 plugs if I remember correctly)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

the knock sensor is plugged right, I check the fuel lines too. Did a diagnostic and tell me errors from EGR (norma, I have 3 connector unplugged from it) and O2 left sensor. At thos time I cant get spark, tomorrow the mechanic will check it again and at wendsday I will bring the car to a mazda dealer to check the engine.

I still without luky...

thanks PAT
Barambambase

aguiloco

Post by Barambambase »

Hola aguiloco siento ver tus problemas, yo soy de Madrid. Vivo en los angeles CA, me alegra ver que alguien esta hacieno un swap en la patria. Yo creo que eres el primero. yo tengo el KLDE y me lo instalo un amigo peruano. Dime en que ciudad estas, conozco un mecanico excepcional en Majadahonda, quizas te puede ayudar.
f--- RACING IN STRAIGH LINES, whats the point?
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

vaya! que sorpresa ver a un madrileño por aqui! Que haces tan lejos? En españa que yo sepa el mio es el 3º ZE que se instala, y ya hay otro en camino.

Muchas gracias por la ayuda, pero ya he conseguido resolver el problema, el mecanico habia montado mal la distribucion, la he puesto bien y el motor ha arrancado a la primera, y suena redondo. Solo me falta montar todo en su sitio y a rodar!
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

hi again, my engine is running at the momment, but it does with some tune up problems. First of all the idle, it fluctuates many times, I checked the vacuum as well as adjusted the TPS and idle speed, but after testing it on the highway the fluctuation problem comes up again while driving at the city. Another problem is that when I brake at lights the RPM goes down and it sometimes get the engine to stop. The recent one happened today when the car was running I heard a wear sound like "cla cla cla cla" between 1500 and 3500 RPM but it doesn't seem to be a valve problem. what about selenoid?

And the last but not the least, I put a stage 3 clutch, and when I release the pedal slowly the car starts to shake, but this dont happens if I release the clutch a little fast, is this a caracteristic problem of this kind of clutch or could the problem be in the centered?
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

Those are the symptons of the engine at idle, it start with good idle but as soon it becomes hot and fan start it fluctuate from 0 to 1000 RPM, some times the engine dies, and when I press gas pedal slowly the engine becomes down for a moment before rpm´s up. I checked vacuum again and can´t find any damage line, readjust the TPS four times as the FAQ says.

I´m listening any kind of small absorve sound at the top of the engine when it acelerates, I think from the IM ports, could be a leak at the IM gaskets?

I bought the outlaw thermal insulators, would be a good idea to replace the old IM gaskets with this kit now?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”