Vacuum line Question - Hissing Sound

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Citizenska

Vacuum line Question - Hissing Sound

Post by Citizenska »

Hey guys,

I recently had my the head gasket seals replaced along with new plugs and wires. Since receiving the car back there is a lound hissing sound coming from near the throttle body. If your look at the side of the throttle body to the right and below it there is a metal valvle that is making a loud hissing sound. If I put a piece of paper over it, it sucks it in and stops. What is this valve and should a hose be hooked up to it?

I've noticed that when I first start my car up cold it idles at 2k RPM's until it warms up then it lowers to around 1k. After about 15 minutes of driving the check engline light comes on but goes off if I turn the car off and turn it back on.

Any help would be appreciated. FYI, I searched the online shop manual but the diagrams are hard to see.
Chris
delpy32

Post by delpy32 »

i dont know waht motor you have but i have a b6 and i had the same problem...the time with mine was there is a thing bolted to the firewall right behind the throttle body its called the "evap canister purge solenoid" and on there are vacuum hoses that goes from that solenoid to your throttle body and from that solenoid to your emissions canister... the hose that goes from from your throttle body to that solenoid might be disconnected... hope this helps...
-Ryan
1992 mx-3, white, 1.6 sohc, 5 speed, custom: intake, interior and exhaust
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Mine has the hissing sound, its the idle screw to open, however there should be no vacuum leaks. there is a hose in the v6 throtle body that goes to the IM and to under the TB.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”