any one haveaclue how this works

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

any one haveaclue how this works

Post by monty73741 »

Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

no clue on that.. but they are well known for their mazdaspeed 6 parts in the mazda 6 commonity.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

If the item doesn't replace the ECU or the MAF, then what it does is change the signals. The easiest manner to customize the MAF sensor is with a varistor. However, that will just reduce the signal, not increase it. however, if you were to use other inputs also, such as oxygen sensor and throttle position sensor, then you could use varistors on each of those to adjust what the MAF should be, and hence "add" MAF signal relative to other input signals. This is something that I've been wanting to run some tests on, but it's unlikely I'll be able to do this until summer.

This can be likened to the manner in which an analog CD ignitor can advance the ignition -- set the timing forward enough manually, then allow the CD ignitor to adjust the delay.

Anyway, from what I read on the website, it appears that cp-e.com's product is more than that since they have computer programs that interface via serial ports with the box. Sending a signal to a computer isn't too hard, but it is much more than a few varistors. I speculate that the black box includes a few electronically controllable varistors, perhaps some data gathering storage ICs, some flash RAM and a basic processor. This kind of set-up should allow a person to "program" the MAF adjuster to respond to various situations of input. Pretty ingenious. I'll bet your local robotics club could build you one of these, but then, you'd still need the software.
Oregon Outdoors
92 mx-3 GS lowered, CF hood
2013 Mazdaspeed3
jr4wdtrbo

Post by jr4wdtrbo »

nope.... Gota love algorithms :lol: :cry:
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Dynojet makes a product called the Power Commander (exculsively for motorcycles I think). I have one on my RC51. It is connected in line with the ECM and intercepts the sensor inputs and adjusts the signals to the ignition and fuel signal to produce the ideal air/fuel ratio at all RPM. That, I suspect is precisely what this is. It simply allows custom mapping of the fuel and ignition curves. If you change your intake and your fuel ratio changes, just dial it in.

The PC transformed my bike. The power gain was only in the 2-5hp range, but the engine is noticeably smoother at every RPM. I am suprised that this type of product is not more popular in the automotive world.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”