Part switch out???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
wvurubberducky

Part switch out???

Post by wvurubberducky »

I am wondering if the probe gt motors are idnetical for a part, i know they are supposedly for the altenator, water pump, etc. I need the lil piece for the gs modle where you put your coolant in up by the oil dipstick,. It's that lil black piece with 2 10 mm bolts holding it down ( not sure on mm exactly). It's the piece the cap locks onto, about an inch tall. Will the probe gt motor have this piece or do i have to have it from the mazda dealer/ mx-s gs parts car?
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I am not sure which part you are refering to from your description, but all external components of the probe gt (KLDE) motor will swap over to any other k series motor. So the part you need should easily swap over to your k8. If you want to verify, go to a car parts website and try to cross reference the part numbers. Should be the same if they are the same part.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
wvurubberducky

Post by wvurubberducky »

It is called the filler cap body, its up by the oil dipstick underneath of the other radiator cap, held on with a bolt by the return hose on the left side of the motor. It is black on my mootr, about an inch tall, and a hard rubber/plastic.
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

It should be the same, because i know the water pipe that runs between both banks of the motor will swap over. So you shouldnt run into any problems with using just that peice.

Nate
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

why do people say to swap that part? thats only for the ze IF you want to keep the fan sensor.. you dont need to swap anything UNLESS you are usind the de manifold. everything is the same. alternator and bleh..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I did not say to swap that part, I was saying that part is interchangeable, therefore the part he is after should swap.

Nate
wvurubberducky

Post by wvurubberducky »

Ok instead of swap, if i said that, I guess is the part interchangable?? :-p I know some of you guys have switched out the motors and some have the probe gt motors up for spring swapping, so i was trying to find out, As you have said it should interchange but this is a lil part so i really have no clue so iw astrying to find out. Thanks for the help so far and any more would be appreciated, guess i can look around for a probe gt now? anyone able to get any pics of this certain area would help, i have tried but no luck so far.
wvurubberducky

Post by wvurubberducky »

If you have a probe gt motor in your car and could take the pics of this area with the cap on and the cap off that would be a ton of help, so someone plz have it and read this :-D.
justin22_22

Post by justin22_22 »

I know know the part you are asking about. It was only on the 92 K8, took me digging out 7 cars at the wreckers to find one. I know that on the 93+ DE don't have this part, solid cast like the rest of the mx3 I found. Buddy at the yard didn't even charge me for it. So ya your going to need an early K8 because they change over to a solid neck. Not sure of the exact year someone what to chime in on that one.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”