Nothing is Perfect...Trouble Shooting

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Ice Racing

Post by Ice Racing »

HI, I've just completed a complete overhaul of 92 GS KLZE (Body and Engine). We also changed ECU (now KL36 and JE50). We started the engine couple of days ago and everything went well except for the radiator fan (I have 1 fan and 3 sensor) that is not working (works when connected direct) and the idle wich is fluctuating when getting warmer.

So tonight we had are first little road test. We were very happy with everything. After the run i checked code in ECU, I got 05,08,09,10,12 and 26

Here is my question: Does anybody have a clue about what is going on???
if you have a hint, please let me know

P.S. for the fan, i have check the entire wiring from sensor trought ECU to relay to fan, nothing wrong there.

Image.

GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The fan just isn't kicking on? Does it start to overheat? With the weather being this cold it might not want to kick on for a bit. The K series motors run a good high temp (cannot remember the ECU cut on temp, but I think it is around 170*). Did you check the sensors with ohms, or what? Is the water completely full, no air pockets. Did you run the car, turn the heat on high, AC blower fan on high, then fill- wait until full and then squeeze the upper and lower rad hoses to get out air pockets, then top off with fluid agian? Funky idle is either low rad fluid level (the IAC uses rad fluid to operate and if low cannot work properly), or adjust TPS (search for "how to", I've explained it a Bunch of times), or bad idle air screw adjustment or adjusted after setting the TPS, something wrong with the neutral switch on the tranny.
This should get you most of the common issues with fans and idle.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I wired mine manually to a switch LOL since I have no ac condenser i havent needed the fan lately. Dont need it and hwy speeds. Does your engine over heat?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Ice Racing

Post by Ice Racing »

A good night sleep is always benefict... This morning I had a flash, yesterday, while I was checking the wiring harness for my fan problem, I must have turn the ignition on while the 2 connectors were off the ECU. So today I erased the code and went back for another road test, as we did yesterday. Recheck code and everything is now back to normal :2thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply. Now I can concentrate on that fan and idle problem...
GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”