Car stalling cold morning?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
br0ck

Car stalling cold morning?

Post by br0ck »

Car having morning fever? HAHA

Here in toronto... some morning i let the car warm up and start reversing out of the drive way and shift into drive the car just stalls up and dies. Have tried almost everything to figure out why it keeps locking up. Just recently had alt changed, batt, water pump.... And still seems to keep giving me a sitting duck form. Any ideas on why ?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

car dies when warmed up or when still cold?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

My mx3 does almost the same thing as yours...but with mine if i fire it up when its cold it goes out fine when i reverse but when i throw it in drive ..not all the time but sometimes and i push the gas in a bit it fights and then it stalls..and when it stalls it is a huge b---- to start back up agian ..but if i let it warm up from bein cold then go its fine..and ive had it checked for fuel problems and everything and they have found nothing so is there anyway to stop this from happening becasue cold or not it shouldnt do that..i have a dohc auto tranny rs model mx3 any suggestions for me and him would be great
bawolvesfan

Post by bawolvesfan »

my 95 dohc does the exact same thing too, anybody know whats wrong?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

sounds like radiator sensor/coolant sensor. When engine is cold it keeps rpms up until engine warms up.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

yep i would try the coolant temp sensor. not only will the ECU fail to increase the idle speed but it will also inject too much or too little fuel because of the incorrect temp reading. when you replace the sensor, be sure that it is the sensor for the ECU and not for the guage. ECU sensor has 2 wires, temp guage has 1 wire.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
nolig2278

Post by nolig2278 »

so there is a 2 wire and a single wire sensor?
same with a BPT setup?

if there is a 2 wire sensor, where is it?

thanks
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
[url=https://gilon.levinsonltd.com/mx-3.html[/url]

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”