Twin Disc clutch...

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
JWMotorsports

Twin Disc clutch...

Post by JWMotorsports »

Does anyone know of any twin disc clutches that will work with the 92ish Pro LX tranny? I'm getting tired of toasting single disc setups!

I'm currently looking at upping my pressure plate to a Clutchnet 2800lb to use with the 3 puck hybrid metallic sprung hub Clutchnet disc. I'm slipping the current 2100lb setup which is rated to around 480lb/ft torque using the Zoom Clutch calculator with Clutchnet coefficent of friction for disc I'm using. 2800lb pressure plate will increase it to around 640lb/ft but won't help my clutch or thrust washer life like a twin disc.

Another expensive solution is to machine my own flywheel to except a 2nd Gen NA RX-7 twin disc clutch pack. Then again...that might not be so bad if I can come up with the money for the billet and machinest...the CAD design part is easy & free for me after work hours with some of the top CAD software in the world! :wink:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Limegreen mx-3

Re: Twin Disc clutch...

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

JWMotorsports wrote:Does anyone know of any twin disc clutches that will work with the 92ish Pro LX tranny? I'm getting tired of toasting single disc setups!

I'm currently looking at upping my pressure plate to a Clutchnet 2800lb to use with the 3 puck hybrid metallic sprung hub Clutchnet disc. I'm slipping the current 2100lb setup which is rated to around 480lb/ft torque using the Zoom Clutch calculator with Clutchnet coefficent of friction for disc I'm using. 2800lb pressure plate will increase it to around 640lb/ft but won't help my clutch or thrust washer life like a twin disc.

Another expensive solution is to machine my own flywheel to except a 2nd Gen NA RX-7 twin disc clutch pack. Then again...that might not be so bad if I can come up with the money for the billet and machinest...the CAD design part is easy & free for me after work hours with some of the top CAD software in the world! :wink:
the twn disc clutch is what we used on the 475whp@19psi on the racing mazda MX-3 it was a tiltin clutch(flywheel/clutch setup) cost $ 1500 bucks 700lb/ft fits the Pro LX tranny and miata trannys as well. i'll take a pic and post it so u can ee it.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Tilon and Quartermaster made a 5.5 and 7.25 dual disc clutches for the B5/6 & BP but requires their flywheels. If you ever swap to the HD version of the G25 used with the RF-T it will still work all you will need to do is change the clutch disk to one with a bigger spline.

Return to “Forced Induction”