A/F help plz

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mzdamx3rsdohc

A/F help plz

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

hey im installing my A/F ratio guage i just bought of a buddy and im putting it in my vent in the dash. just waiting for the contact cement to dry. but it has 4 wires
red-power
black-ground
white-12v switchable for the light?????????
purple-o2??????????????????????????
so if someone could tell me if the purple or white wire go to the o2 please. its an autometer
dohc b6, intake, exhaust, miata cams ready to go in
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

these a/f guages are a narrow bands and only really good for WOT (wide open trotle) other than that they are worthless. Its not worth the $60 they cost new, better off with a wideband they are just costly but worth it but not for the everyday stock car. but if u must know

white-12v switched
purple-o2

what u have is correct so carry on.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

thanks, so their not even somewhat accurate at anything under WOT? i got it for 5 bucks and it fits right in where my vent was. do u know what i would hook up a oil pressure gauge too?
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

i think most people have to T off where the factory oil pressure switch is.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

so there is a factory oil pressure swith then? i hought there wasnt as there was no oil pressure gauge
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

so there is a factory oil pressure swith then? i hought there wasnt as there was no oil pressure gauge
There is no factory gauge.. but there is a factory idiot light that comes on when your oil pressure hits zero.. its more like a "You're Screwed" light though cause usually if you see it.. its already to late.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”