Any tips? Im slower than any klze ive seen..

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

mx3autozam wrote:. yes the ZE is 200hp but thats at the crank.
funny how u say this on forums and tell me u think its only like 180 in person
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

fieromx3 wrote:
mx3autozam wrote:. yes the ZE is 200hp but thats at the crank.
funny how u say this on forums and tell me u think its only like 180 in person
wtf are you talkinga bout. teh ze is like 195-200hp at the crank. its like 170-180 at the wheels. I've never told you its 180hp at the crank man..jesus
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

btw..i willa dmit it definitly doe snot feel like 200hp. Feels like its about 180 or so

I've been in 200hp cars before. H22 ludes and they pull harder than a ZE. same with ITR
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
illapino

Post by illapino »

the answer to all questions on this forum is one word: "search"

well, at least from those who think they've paid their dues here so they can dump this one word answer on people with "lesser senority". i mean, that's fine by me, but at the same time i don't see the big deal about bringing back (what they call) old discussions.

it's just a little annoying, over and over and over and over and over:

Q: how do I -
A: SEARCH

Q: do you think this -
A: SEARCH !

Q: what if i were to -
A: SEARCHHHHHHAAGGGHGHHHHHHHH!!!! DIE NOOOBbbbbb DiiiiE!!!!!!!!!

but then i guess it's just as annoying to hear people asking questions (or discussing old things) that you already are master mazder at ...

:idea:
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Mnemonic wrote:
PLEASE START SEARCHING AND DOING RESEARCH!

Seriously guys this has been listed over and over and over and over and over and over. I don’t see why it’s hard for people to find this information. And it’s the SAME PEOPLE b]*couhg* illapino[/b] every single time. It's getting ridicules. Perhaps we should start deleting people’s threads and post since they since to NOT want to do simple searches and look OBVIOUS information up.
....you just took the words out of my keyboard. I think i said this once already to illapeno or somebody. Your asking about things because your simply getting in alittle to deap. Take a moment, and read alittle. The things you learn when you just sit back and read, and SEARCH and read, are much greater than if you just ask ask ask ask ask.

Honest to god. These are simple things. Searching is easy as long as you hit "search for all terms". Just DO IT. it makes you look like an idiot if you make a dumb comment anyway, so save yourself some trouble.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

Hec,

Go and get a dyno done, and stop procrastinating about it cause im
sick of reading about it.

Then and only then will we the forum public know what your motor
is producing.

As for the drag racing, its not about spending money in one area
its about the overall package.

Engine
Gearbox ratios / LSD
Tires
Suspension Spring rates and Damper rates.

Driver ability is the last part of the package.
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
drkwing3
Supporting Member

search function

Post by drkwing3 »

All you guys talk about is the search function. How are we to get newbies to the forum if you keep putting them off. Maybe they don't know any better. You probably weren't that great at the start either. Lead them to the correct search index, maybe then you'll get the response you're looking for from them. Give them a break , because this bickering is just going to send them over to honda or something worse. Who knows; maybe one of them will be the one to design the next great thing for us!
'94 GS, custom paint, Nex-o 15x7 rims, (got tired of the squeaking) mazdaspeed bushings, tokico-Zx2, ractive bars, khumo 712's ,xm,clarion,B&M shifter, Eibach,K&N, fx lip spoiler
mx3autozam

Re: search function

Post by mx3autozam »

drkwing3 wrote:All you guys talk about is the search function. How are we to get newbies to the forum if you keep putting them off. Maybe they don't know any better. You probably weren't that great at the start either. Lead them to the correct search index, maybe then you'll get the response you're looking for from them. Give them a break , because this bickering is just going to send them over to honda or something worse. Who knows; maybe one of them will be the one to design the next great thing for us!
but is Hec a newbie?
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Flinch

haha

Post by Flinch »

when a company comes out with a new car and they give the horse power specs its generally not WHP lol cuz that would mean those new honda civics have 190 WHP lol and that would be a bloody fast civic for stock but they are slow. they have about 155 at the wheels or so. so dont belive everything you hear. your dyno specs there say you have 171WHP thats pritty good for a ZE with intake and headers keep doing little mods they may not make a diference at the time but in the end they add up.
-KL31 stock internals with curved neck intake manifold and KL36 ecu
-Turbo running 7.5psi
-FMI 3"x12"x32" all alluminum and welded, have a 7.5 PSI spring she just creeps on cold nights
-ACT 6puck sprung/96 probe tranny
-Short shifter
-HEI and MSD 6al (makes a big difference when you spend the 65$ ont he right spark plugs)
-KYB GR-2 struts with H & R springs
-Megan racing seats
-Personal 280mm stearing wheel
-Familia rear strut tower bar
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ok to end thread, I contacted robinator and yes the je5 vaf does a big difference in time.. so yeah that was one thing. Also chi is made for 3 octane or higher. Ill change that.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

seriously, if you think there is really something wrong with your car, i see no problem in asking. seeing as you arent a noob and arent asking retarded questions, i dont see why everyone is shlting their pants about it.

have you tried an unmodified jdm klze kl36/31 ecu with a working je50 vaf on a dyno for baseline testing? if anything you should go back and try that pair since it is setup that way by oem. the only way you will have a proper comparison is by a completely stock tune compared to your current tune.

try setting the fuel pressure to stock. engines make more power running lean so adding fuel to a stock tune n/a motor probably kills more hp.

check your compression and that should give you an idea of what your motor may be capable of as opposed to a brand new motor with perfect compression putting out 196ps (is ps same a bhp?)

when u try probinator ecu with the recommended vaf, make sure u run the fuel pressure that he also recommends as a starting point. since you are in texas minor adjustments may or may not help.

also, u have a pgt which is significantly heavier than a mx3 which greatly contributes to your 1/4 mile times. even if you can drive, a pgt is slower than a mx3, both driven by the same person.

how come you dyno'd so far from home? san bernardino is like 40 miles from where i live but nowhere close to tx.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

hgallegos915 wrote:Ok to end thread, I contacted robinator and yes the je5 vaf does a big difference in time.. so yeah that was one thing. Also chi is made for 3 octane or higher. Ill change that.

wait wait wait....
Your running lower than 93 octane in your car!!!!!!!!!

I'm done with this topic.........

10:1 motors are suggested to use 93+ ::shakes head:: it doesnt matter what the ecu is designed for
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
illapino

Post by illapino »

surprise surprise
Vanished even saw that post

:lol:

r u my hawk?
caww caww !

u must like me
always first to respond, ney?
and always the same say

:wink:
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I would like to add.. injectors tap LOUD.. yes LOUD.. ill replace them tomorrow. Chaging to higher octane ASAP .. see theres something i didnt know LOL
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”