Disty change questions...???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
92MX3black

Disty change questions...???

Post by 92MX3black »

Since im led to the point that my disty is probably whats causing my car to shut off and restart awhile afters. This is the thing ,i bought a ignition coil and installed it in the old ditsy. Now im thinking to get a whole new ditsy. Does this mean that i have to take the ignition coil out of my old 1 and put it in the new ditsy??? I am pondering this question before i go to buy a new 1. :shock:
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

No. When you buy a new distributor.. it will come with all internal parts.. might even come with a new disty cap and rotor depending on where you buy it from. Do yourself a favor though and DO NOT buy one from Autozone. Get it from napa or some other decent place. The ones from Autozone seem extremely prone to failure.. (There is a member here that had 6.. 6!! of them fail in around 2 months of time) but they do have a lifetime warranty.. so I suppose if you like swapping them out every other week.. then its worth it to save the $20.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Oh also DO NOT get the one from checked..same as autozone. Mine lasted 2 weeks, replaced.. then one week and they refused to replace. Said my car was killign the disty.. hei mod and works. Hei is what goes bad. The coil itself is pretty strong. You can make a pretty penny of it because it costs like 90 - 120 . Im sure someone here would need it.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”