ct26 turbo

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
nickmx3

ct26 turbo

Post by nickmx3 »

I was wondering is the ct26 turbo from a supra okay to use with the 1.8l bpt, would there be too much lag. Any help on the turbo and its use with our engine would be great. This turbo has been used on 2.0l celicas so would it be too big for the 1.8kl.
1995 J-Spec Az3, BPT swap, mazda speed eibach springs, mazda speed swaybars, mazda speed exhaust, mazda speed shock tower bar, mazda speed bodykit, sr shocks, disk-brakes all around,turbox boost controler, honda del sol act pressure plate, fmic 20x12x3
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

I wouldnt recommend that turbo at all for the BPT, most of the guys with the Celica GT4s that that turbo came on swap it out for a hybrid or a T3/T4. It is quite laggy and yet it doesnt have a lot of top end power either.

I would recommend you look at a T3 Super 60 or T28 (Silvia/Pulsar GTI-R variant) for the BPT engine.
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

the ct26 from the 3sgte and the ct26 from the 7mgte are substantially different. there are 7m guys making 300whp with supra ct26 where as the ct26 on the mr2 maxes out in the 250whp area. back in the day 3sgte owners upgraded the compressor wheel in the 3sgte ct26 with the larger supra ct26 wheel to improve the top end pull. similar to what dsm guys do.

the supra ct26 will have fairly decent top end on a 1.8 bp and spool pretty quickly.

im not sure but i dont think the ct26 from the gt4 or supra are a twin scroll designs like the mr2 ct26.

a t3/t4 can make more power than the supra ct26 but it will have more lag due to its larger size. the supra ct26 will give u a more streetable powerband and pretty good high end pull but having a lower max power output.
nickmx3

Post by nickmx3 »

the ct26 that i want to use is off a mr2 this is the one i should get if i want to use a ct26.
1995 J-Spec Az3, BPT swap, mazda speed eibach springs, mazda speed swaybars, mazda speed exhaust, mazda speed shock tower bar, mazda speed bodykit, sr shocks, disk-brakes all around,turbox boost controler, honda del sol act pressure plate, fmic 20x12x3
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

since u want the ct26 if u are planning to get all that stuff fabbed up id rather go with a new/rebuilt stock trim supra ct26.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Mitsu 16g's are cheap and work VERY well on 1.8L BP's
:wink:

The sleeper was running 14-16psi w/ a stock BP bottom end, eclipse side mount intercooler hidden in the fender well w/ a SMALL 16g and it was a SWEET street setup. Ran a STI that was pushing 26psi at the drag stip. The STI pulled 6 cars on us out of the hole (26psi All Wheel Drive...um, big surprise...NOT!); we were PASSING the STI going through the 1/8th mile traps like he was standing still :wink:

And NO the STI wasn't just playing with us. He couldn't belive it either and wanted us to pop the hood on the sleeper. Car went 9 flat @ 80mph on little all season tires and the track was slicker than the street! My NA RX-7 can't hardly bark 2nd gear on the street and it spun ALL the way through 2nd at the stip that night! The car was capable of an easy 12sec flat 1/4 mile and we stomped a cobra to prove it (friend gave him the hole shot, passed him in 2nd like he was standing still, and 3rd gear was like...where did he go?) The cobra own crapped a brick because we set him up asking him to show my friend what a real car was :laugh:
Joke was on him!!!!

Check out the sleeper....and yes under the hood was SUPPOSED to look crappy...it added to the visual for any component reasuring them the car was slow :twisted: Then they got schooled! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1404826

If you have the money I HIGHLY recommend the Garrett GR"R" series turbos http://www.turbobygarrett.com
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Boris

Post by Boris »

JWMotorsports wrote:Check out the sleeper....and yes under the hood was SUPPOSED to look crappy...it added to the visual for any component reasuring them the car was slow :twisted: Then they got schooled! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1404826
turbos http://www.turbobygarrett.com
That is exactly what I want. NICE SLEEPER MAN. I hope to create something like that in the near future...
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
nickmx3

Post by nickmx3 »

The thing is that I can get a ct26 rebuilt at a really good price this has only been used for about four months on an mr2.
Now I would like to make sure that I wont have any issues with driveability, if this turbo is way too big or would work okay.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

http://www.forcedperformance.com
Mitsu 16G $545 brand new

The CT26 should also be a good turbo especially since it came off the MR2. The 3S-GTE engines were 2.0L and as strong as the DSM 4G63T. That turbo won't be to big...even if it was off the supra. I've got a GT3076R which is the largest GT30R turbo from Garrett (unless you count the GT30/40R) and I've been driving it as a daily driver for quite some time. My engine is a built B6T and only displaces 1.6L. Granted I've played with a lot of exhaust setups on my car and just found an amazing torque setup...and its quiet until the wastegate opens up :wink: The car is laggy unless your above 4500rpms and then its GONE!

One thing that helps a lot is a Stand Alone EMS. With it you can get away with a MUCH larger turbo as you can retune your timing and fuel tables to obtain best torque on and off boost. If you want response on a big turbo you just have to down shift a gear or in my case 2 gears :wink: .

The CT26 MR2 turbo shouldn't be any laggier than the Mitsu 16G. It will have slight initial lag but its just enough to help with traction...you'll need it!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “Forced Induction”