Ecu ignition output SOS

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Rick Johnson

Ecu ignition output SOS

Post by Rick Johnson »

I need someone to test there ECU ignition output and it's resistance to ground, It's the top wire on the 6 wire dist plug <orange wire>. My car's been out of commission for 2 weeks know and every component in the ignition system checks out ok, I'm pulling my hair out here, I'm getting a ground short on the ignition output which I believe is the cause..... 185 ohms resistance to ground
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you supposed to be looking for a sign wave from that wire, not ohms.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

You are correct! I am getting no ignition signal and I think it's grounding out, hence the reason why I asked someone to test theirs. I'm pretty sure there should be no connectivity to ground when the engine is off which is why I ask.

Can someone please walk out to their car with a multimeter, pull the 6 wire plug and test the top wire <nearest the throttle body> on the plug side and see if there's any connection to ground...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”