Anybody that is lowered, quick question

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
1992blazeredgs

Anybody that is lowered, quick question

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I was wondering if anybody that is lowered gets any kind of noise from their swaybar endlinks hitting?? At low speeds i sometimes get a metal on metal noise only in the front. I have gone over everything in my suspension and it all looks good and is on nice and tight. My endlinks are only a year and a half old, but it is the only thing i can think of that is making this noise. It is driving me crazy. anybody with input would be appreciated. Thanks

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
drkwing3
Supporting Member

Post by drkwing3 »

I would doubt your end-links would be the problem. I did have a similar noise and it turned out to be little pieces of gravel stuck between the lower control arm bushing housing and the body . you never know.
'94 GS, custom paint, Nex-o 15x7 rims, (got tired of the squeaking) mazdaspeed bushings, tokico-Zx2, ractive bars, khumo 712's ,xm,clarion,B&M shifter, Eibach,K&N, fx lip spoiler
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I did not start having this noise until i lowered my car. I even took my car to a shop and had them look at it and everything, ball joints, tie rod ends, struts, spring, strut mounts all looked good. So i am running out of ideas where this noise is coming from.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I recently started to have a similar noise and have yet to find what is making it. I was thinking tie rod ends or sway bar links too. I haven't had much time lately to look at it, but hope to get some time with the car this weekend. I'll post up if I find the issue.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”